That, and her unfortunate, crippling habit of avoiding fully opening up to anyone within her life at all costs, besides of course her mother (which was now a bit ironic, given the latest developments), out of fear of further abandonment if she ever did . . . something which had nearly become the case on the day that her powers had awakened. . . .

Well, wherever 'Dear Ol' Dad' is right now, out there in the world and doing whatever with whomever, he gets to be free . . . while I'm stuck in this place for -

"Hey, there! Need any help with your belongings, or finding your room? If it's the former, then I'm definitely your girl, as lifting heavy objects isn't that big a deal for lil' ol' me!" a lyrical, jovial female voice suddenly called out from behind, effortlessly breaking through her brooding thoughts and causing her to nearly let out a cry of alarm . . . which most certainly would not have been a good thing, for either one of them. . . .

". . . . Uhhh, hello? Miss, um . . . annnnd I don't know what to call you because I obviously don't know your name! But, oh! Duh! You don't know mine, either, huh? Name's Hay Lin!" the continually cheerful young teenager grinned as she introduced herself more properly, lightly scratching at the crown of her waist length and free flowing, raven colored head. Her warm, inviting brown eyes began to twinkle within continued delight as she then watched as the mysterious, bob styled redhead before her at last decided to turn around to face her. "There we are! I know, I know: First day at a new school, with new people can totally rattle anyone's nerves, right? But then we go and throw in the added bonus of being a school full of fellow mutants and well – ! O-Oh, but no worries, seriously! Everyone here is really nice! I should know: I've been here for nearly two years, myself, now, and it's honestly made fitting in and just controlling my powers in general a lot easier!"

Hay Lin could feel her wheat colored cheeks grow a bit flush within mild embarrassment as she curiously watched as the new girl standing before her gaze within her direction as though she were the greatest thing she had ever seen within her entire life.

If Hay Lin's particular mutant ability had been of the mind reading variety, then perhaps she might have been better privy as to why the unnamed girl was currently struggling to conceal the shy smile which so clearly wished to be more openly revealed.

Before she could have inquired over the admittedly peculiar matter, the redhead finally responded.

". . . . Will. My name is Will Vandom, Hay Lin. . . . O-Okay, well, maybe it's actually Wilhelmina, but we're all definitely going to be calling me 'Will,' instead, just . . . just as a head's up," she slowly revealed within initial timidity, before quickly picking up steam and even managing to allow her previous simper to at last shine through upon her naturally tanned face, unhindered.

She could then finally feel her entire body relaxing for the very first time since she'd arrived to her new school – Indeed, since she'd left her familiar, cozy loft back in Heatherfield, Maine earlier that morning.

True, Will still did not wish to be there at all, as the prospect of now being forced to live under the same roof with not only perfect strangers, but those with Heaven knew what sort of mutant abilities at each of their disposal completely, and utterly terrified her, understandably.

However, because of that ever present fact constantly running over and over through her mind during the past two weeks of preparing to arrive there, it hadn't honestly occurred to Will that any of them might actually be friendly, after all, as a bit silly as it now felt for her to realize. . . .