Chapter 4 - Tosú

Start from the beginning

~*~*~*~*~*~

The voices immediately stop as I feel someone nudge my shoulder. My eyes flutter open as I realize I had fallen asleep in Connors car. "We're almost home" Grandma says, pointing out her window at a sign that reads:

Saoirse  

Population 1,876  

2 miles

Grandma noticed the confused look on my face, and says quickly, "It's pronounced 'seer-sha'. It means Freedom." I nod my head, acknowledging her, yet I am still trying to understand the dream I just had. I manage to take a look around.

The scenery is the same, no matter where we are in Ireland. We turn off the main highway onto a narrow road, surrounded by trees, and head deeper into the woods. A few minutes later we arrive at the outskirts of a very...colorful village. I am relieved as we continue to drive through that village and a few more miles further until we come to a larger village. This village has a bunch of grey cobblestone cottages that look a lot alike, yet each one distinct in its own way.

We pull into the driveway of a large pink and grey cottage. There is a large tree to the right, with branches that hang down so low, they almost touch the grass. The cottage has a fairly large white-framed window on either side of the front door. One window is for the kitchen, the other the living room. Mounted beneath each window is a flower box containing purple Orchids, yellow daisies, and white lilies.

As we get out, Connor says, stretching, "Well, we're here! Welcome home, Ashlyn!" I couldn't help but stare at him as he stretched his tall, beautiful body. His white tee shirt raised just enough above his dark blue Levis to show his rock hard abs. I stare at him for a second longer and then give him a flirty smile.

"Thank you, Connor and Megan! It was nice meeting you both," I say as Connor sets my luggage down next to me.

"Just let me know if you need my help with anything for tomorrow," Megan replies sweetly. I give Connor and Megan a wave and a smile and meet Grandma as she is opening the front door.

A few steps into the cottage, I glance around. To my left is a very country styled kitchen and to my right is the living room. Surprisingly, the living room is modern; doesn't look like I expected at all! The ceiling is made with individual panels of light brown wood that meet to form a pyramid and the walls are painted stark white. The flooring is the same light brown wood as the ceiling. In the corner of the room sits an exquisite black leather sectional, across from a charming floor-to-ceiling, grey stone fireplace.

"Your room is this way, Ashlyn," Grandma announces from behind me. I turn around and follow her past the kitchen and through a small hallway on the right that leads to three bedrooms. "This is you," she points out as she opens the first door, "My room is the third door and the one in between is my office. I will leave you to get comfortable while I heat up something quick to eat for dinner." She walks out and closes the door behind her.

I set my luggage on the bed, and unzip it noticing it is exactly how I packed it. I look around the room to gain my bearings and am pleased how spacious my room is. I even have my own bathroom. The room has a tall, five-drawer dresser and a shorter dresser with a large mirror attached, all light brown wood. I walk over to the closet door and open it, revealing a ginormous walk-in closet. Not feeling up to doing much, I take the two dresses I found in Mom's chest and hang them carefully in the closet. The rest of the clothes I pile into the drawers of the tall dresser. As I put the last armful of clothes away, I hear Grandma call my name for dinner.

I don't have much to say as I eat the stew Grandma's given me, so I listen as she tells me about Connor and Megan. "Connor is 18, Megan just turned 16," she says, "And they live next door with their parents, Grant and Lana."