He flinches at the movement, but doesn't move to get away at all.

It takes a while of coaxing to convince Peter to hold his skinny arms away from his chest, and then it takes a while for the laser to cut through the strong metal, but when it's finally done, and wrapped in white gauze, Peter looks a lot easier to handle.

The rest of the restraints are easier to deal with besides the thick metal collar around Peter's neck.

"I'm too worried about hurting him more with the repulsors," Tony says, letting the gauntlet disappear back into his watch.

"Yeah. Peter? Do you know anyway to get this off?" Bruce asks, green ringing around his hands when Peter flinches away from him.

It takes Peter a few moments before he slowly nods, fear shining in his big eyes.

"How? The sooner we get this off, the sooner you can sleep. How does that sound?" Steve coaxes. "We're not going to hurt you. I promise."

Peter carefully pulls a small remote from the pocket in his overly large jeans. There's bloodstains and rips all over the jeans and they hang off his slim waist.

He holds it close to him, a small pout on his lips and tears forming in his bambi eyes.

"Please don't hurt me. Please. I promise I'll do better. I'll do anything. Please," Peter begs, voice shaking and cracking off into nothingness by the end.

"What does this do?" Steve asks, chin jutting out a little bit as he takes in the raw skin peeking out from underneath the collar and the remote in Peter's hand. "Did they electrocute you?"

Peter freezes up and he pushes himself away from us a little more, eyes wide and darting, whining softly in pain at the movement.

"We're not going to hurt you, Peter. It's okay. We're going to try to get the collar off. Do you know what button it could be?" Tony says, palms up in surrender despite wanting to still the kid's movements to make him stop hurting himself more.

Peter regards the remote for a few moments, eyes wary as he continuously glances up at us.

"This one?" Peter guesses, frowning deeply as his finger hovers over one of the buttons. "They never used this one."

Tony doesn't want Peter to just go for it to see if it works in case it's something worse than whatever they'd been doing already, it could be an even higher dose of electricity for adults instead of kids for all they know.

But Peter goes for it, tapping the button and holding himself tight, tensing his body as though waiting for the shock.

There's a small click that echoes through the quiet room, everybody holding their breaths, and then the collar falls off of Peter neck.

It's not a pretty sight. Charred skin, cuts still bleeding from lack of tending to, all the surrounding skin is an angry red fading into a light pink.

"It's probably going to scar," Bruce mutters, hands flexing over and over again as the green starts to spread a little bit more than safe.

"He's safe now, Bruce. He's never going to have to go through it again," Steve mumbles in response, touching Bruce's shoulder for a second before handing him more of the white gauze.