"Yes, sir," is all Peter chokes out, struggling to keep his emotions in check.

Steve looks angry as he helps Peter to his shaky feet easily. Peter's terribly thin, much much too thin. There's a deep raging fire behind Steve's eyes, unable to stop himself from imagining the hell this kid's probably been through. Natasha and the others, besides Steve and Tony, hurry off to tell Fury of the situation and see what th best steps to take are. To see if the kid really has nowhere to go.

No words are spoken as Peter's led through the compound to the hospital where Bruce is waiting with some things.

Peter murmurs something quietly, that nobody manages to catch.

"What was that, Peter? Are you okay?" Steve asks, keeping his voice soft like he's talking to a toddler.

"No needles... Please," Peter says, almost begging.

"No needles," Bruce promises, lifting his hands, palms up, with a gentle smile.

Peter nods a little bit, absentmindedly. "Thank you."

Peter's eyes fall to the floor and he goes entirely still again like he's suddenly decided to take a nap standing up.

"Do you want to lie down, Peter?" Steve asks, eyes checking the kid over at every chance he gets to make sure he's not injured anymore than what's visible.

Peter wordlessly nods, sitting on the edge of the bed and staring at his motionless fingers.

Finally, he looks up, and something looks irreplaceably Broken in his eyes.

"'M sorry... Who's Peter?" Peter instantly flinches and he ducks his head down again, shoulders bracing like he's expecting to get hit.

"Kid..." Tony sighs, kneeling down on the floor in front of the teenager. "You are Peter. Peter Parker. That's you."

Peter refuses to meet the hero's eyes, keeping his gaze downcast. He swallows loudly, flinching again.

Tony lifts himself off the floor after giving the kid one last sad look and then turns back to Bruce and Steve.

"We need to get those chains off him. ASAP," Tony instructs.

"Your repulsors might be strong enough to break through? Maybe my shield if that doesn't work?" Cap suggests.

The glove instantly forms around Tony's glove and he turns back to the kid, who's watching him with wide eyes.

"Let's get those cuffs off, huh?" Tony says gently, nodding at Peter's hands.

Peter shakes his head quickly, pulling his wrists into his chest with wide, scared eyes.

"We're not going to hurt you," Steve reassures, hunching down beside Tony to make himself seem less intimidating.

"Have I been bad?" he squeaks, voice barely above the softest of whisper. "I'm sorry. Please. I'll do better."

"No, no, no. You haven't done anything wrong. We just want to get your handcuffs off. It'll feel better and Bruce will be able to dress your wounds, okay?" Tony murmurs, taking another small step towards the small boy.