11.

"Why?"

"I'm sorry, but I have to keep my father safe." I was dreading what I knew he would ask. I knew I would have to tell him eventually.

"Keep him safe from what? What aren't you telling me, Hayden?" He came up close to me, now just a foot away.

I hesitated. I knew I could trust him, I just didn't know how he would react. Jasper was someone I was very close to at this point, I didn't want to lose that. It wasn't until he picked my chin gently with the tips of his fingers, forcing me to look into his eyes. "Where I'm from, there's a war going on, and there are people who are after me, Jasper". To say he was confused was an understatement. "Why are people after you?"

"Jasper, I have abilities, dangerous abilities, that people want to control. They went after my mother because she had the same abilities, and she ended up dead". I tried my best to stay vague but to still give him an honest answer

"What abilities?" I didn't want to answer him, knowing his opinion of me would change instantly. "Tell me, Hayden". I sighed, "I'm a banshee and I'm also a witch". I'm in so much trouble.

"Witches and banshees aren't real Hayden, now tell me the truth". This wasn't going well. "Yes, they are, Jasper". I told as I waved my hand slightly over the flowers, making them bloom. He looked down at the flowers and then to me with wide eyes. "I'll explain".

~

We sat there for what seemed like hours just talking. I told him all about witches and banshees, knowing I was safe to tell him all of this in my dreams. These dreams are the one thing the Ministry can't monitor or watch, let alone punish me for.

"Well you're telling me your biggest secret, I might as well tell you mine". Jasper said nervously. I scooted closer to him and took his hand in mine. "You don't have to". "No, I want to, You deserve to know, especially after telling me your secret". He looked down at me with a small smile and then continued.

"I'm a vampire". I looked at him with wide eyes, surprised, but I didn't move away from him. "My family and I all are, but we don't drink human blood, only animal blood". I let out a breath of relief that I didn't know I was holding in. "I trust you, Jasper, I know you won't hurt me". I smiled brightly and he returned it. Happiness radiating off both of us.

But it was soon time for us to say goodbye.

"You're sure you will be ok?" Jasper asked hugging me tightly. "I'll still see you in these dreams, Jasper, and I know how to take care of myself". I laughed, he smiled. "I know but that doesn't mean I won't worry about you, Hayden". "Awww, Jasper". I giggled. I felt myself begin to wake up and quickly said, "I'll see you soon". "Stay safe". Jasper said in return.

~

The rest of the summer was spent playing quidditch in the backyard, helping Molly with things around the burrow, visits to Remus' home, and more dreams of Jasper. But the summer was quickly coming to an end. We all had just gone to Diagon Alley yesterday, to visit Fred and George then buy school supplies. A new year at Hogwarts was quickly approaching. I don't know if it was just nerves, but I had a bad feeling about this upcoming school year.

Sorry for the delay but go check out my new book A Princess! It's a Princess Diaries fanfic, and it has two chapters up already and I'm writing another chapter for it today.

M.F.Doe

Word Count:627