1.

Above is Hayden^

It was 3 years later when Hayden first met Bella. Bella was four at the time and Hayden was three. Bella had come to spend Christmas with her father and half-sister. Her mother did not want Bella to be in Forks, Renee had found out about Hayden during his call demanding he sees his daughter for the holidays. She had also found out that Hayden's godfather, Remus (who had become great friends with Charlie after he came to inform Charlie of the death of Lily and James and the imprisonment of Sirius), was coming for Christmas. Renee eventually agreed to drive up to Forks for Bella to spend Christmas with the small family, but she always had a 'but'. She demanded to meet Remus when she got to the home before she left, not wanting to be in Forks longer than needed. Remus agreed to the meeting, somehow understanding her reasoning.

December 23rd, Bella was due to arrive this day and it came very quickly. Remus had been staying at the house since the 20th so he was waiting and ready to meet Renee with Hayden, who was unaware of the anxiety in the room coming from Charlie. Though Remus caught up on it and addressed it."Charlie, what's got you so worried, Renee cannot be that bad, she won't take your daughter away from you." Remus said seriously with a stern stare. Before Charlie could reply the doorbell was rung multiple times, causing Haden to hide her face in Remus' leg. Remus chuckled at the girl before giving Charlie a thumbs up as he stood and walked to the door. While doing so more rings came as well as a whine from Hayden who was now being picked up by Remus and being brought swiftly to the door to greet Renee and Bella. Just as Charlie opened the door, Remus arrived at the door and placed Hayden on her feet as she hid behind his legs, shy. As the door opened they were met with the face of an impatient woman who was glaring at Charlie and then to Hayden as she saw her. Bella, on the other hand, was standing to the side holding her mother's hand as well as a Hello Kitty backpack on her shoulders, she smiled slightly seeing Hayden, unlike her mother.

"Hello, Renee, Bella, how are the both of you?" Charlie said as politely as he could possibly be speaking to the woman who took his daughter away from him. 

"Good-" Bella said before being interrupted by her mother.

"We were just fine until you called asking me to drive my daughter all the way up to this dreadful town just so she can't spend Christmas with her mother. Instead, she has to spend it with her father, his disgusting child, and their ugly friend. How do you think I am Charlie?" Renee said giving glares to the three in front of her. Hayden whimpered slightly at Renee's words, causing her to hide farther in Remus' leg. This was until Bella asked the question no one was expecting.

"Mommy, can I play with her please?" Bella asked her mother, looking up at her mother with wide eyes, innocent and pleading. Her mother couldn't resist those eyes as much as she tried. Renee looked from Bella to Hayden, who both had innocent looks on their faces, both hoping that Renee would say yes so they could go inside and let the adults do the arguing. Hesitantly Renee said, "yes, go", and Bella ran inside with Hayden leading them both to the living room where the toys were. They sat down before introducing themselves to one another."Hi, I'm Bella, mommy says that you're my half-sister. That makes us sisters right!" Bella exclaimed, making the connection.

"I think so! I'm Hayden, we're best friends now, right?" Hayden asked timidly getting more excited as she spoke. They could both hear Renee asking Remus questions and yelling at Charlie, but they both chose to ignore the woman and hug each other.

"Whose that man next to dad that mommy is being mean to?" Bella whispered to Hayden, shyly looking towards the adults who had no idea the girls were conversing about them.

"That's my godfather, Remus, he's staying for Christmas too, he's really nice." Hayden said looking to Remus and smiling before she asked Bella a question of her own."Is your mommy staying for Christmas?" Hayden turned to Bella with her head down, secretly hoping Renee would not be staying at the home. Her anxiety cleared as Bella answered.

"No, she said she didn't want to stay. I don't know why though, but she's picking me up on Christmas morning." Bella sighed before her mother called her over to say goodbye to her. Hayden frowned at the fact that Bella was leaving so soon. She got over it quickly though as they played the rest of the afternoon away. The small family had dinner before Charlie and Remus put the girls to bed.

The next day was uneventful. The girls played in the snow and watched a Christmas movie, by now the girls were the very best of friends, they really were sisters, even if they didn't have the same mother. That night though, they had dinner and soon opened a few presents as Bella was leaving before presents tomorrow. Hayden was told that she wouldn't even be awake at the time Bella was due to leave with her mother. That upset Hayden but she was happy once again when they started opening presents. Hayden only got to open one but that was good enough for her as it was a present from Molly, a purple sweater she got every year with her first initial. Bella opened all her presents from Charlie which was about eight small things as he didn't know until a few days ago that she was coming and got small things in case he had to mail them to Phoenix. Bella was happy though, she hadn't spent much time with her father in the few years since she'd been born but she loved him, she missed him, but she'd always love her mother. Bella and Hayden had said goodbye to each other hesitantly before going to bed that night. Charlie promised his girls that he would arrange with Renee to have Bella come up to Forks for two weeks every summer unless Bella didn't want to come, Bella promised Hayden she'd come every year, not wanting to leave her sister."Pinky promise?"

"Pinky promise.'' Bella and Hayden were then put to bed and when Hayden woke up the next morning and ran to Bella's room, she was gone. She went downstairs in her Christmas footy pyjamas to her father and godfather sitting on the couch, waiting for her."Daddy where's Bella?"

"Honey, she had to leave early this morning, don't you remember?" Charlie asked his daughter, picking her up and placing her on his lap, just as he did when she was only a newborn. Remus smiled sadly at the girl, she was so happy when Bella was at the home, Renee just had to take her away.

"Yes but why so early?" Hayden whined, placing her head on her father's chest. Charlie looked down sadly at his daughter. He wanted her to be happy, both of his girls, and Renee certainly wasn't helping."They have a long drive back to Phoenix, Hayden they had to get back home so they could open presents at their house, just like we are. Now how about you open some presents, it's Christmas!" Charlie exclaimed, Remus chuckled as Charlie picked up his little girl and threw in the air and caught her, causing Hayden to have a giggle fit.

Hey guys, if you haven't noticed these past to chapters, have been basically background. These chapters are needed so you can completely understand the story I'll be laying down on you guys. The next chapter will be slightly background but that's only because I'll be putting a flashback in there so i don't have another background chapter.

Word Count:1351