4.

Today was the day. The day when she would finally leave for Hogwarts. Of course, she would miss her father and Remus dearly, but she never had many friends in Forks. The only friends she ever knew were the Weasleys, the twins especially, as well as Ron. She hoped to make new friends at Hogwarts, she wouldn't have to sit home and read all the time, though it was something she loved doing. She was excited to play quidditch, even though she would have to wait until her 2nd year unless she got lucky, not likely. She was excited about her lessons with Dumbledore, so she could control her banshee abilities. 

"Hayden! Wake up! Remus will be here in an hour to take you to Kings Cross Station." Charlie exclaimed walking into my room, waking me up. He sat on the edge of my bed and smiled sadly before bringing me into a tight hug."I'm going to miss you, kid."

Hayden looked up at her father who had tears in his eyes and smiled."I'll miss you too, dad."Her dad gave her another quick hug before letting her get dressed and ready. She put on a light pink sundress and a jacket before going downstairs,  not even bothering to tame her curly hair more than brushing it out slightly. Once downstairs she ate breakfast with her father and checked her luggage until Remus got to the home.

"Remmy!" I yelled and ran into his arms. He huffed as I squeezed him into a hug."Hi."

"Why, hello!" Remus looked down at me smiling and squeezing me just as tight as I was him."Are you excited? We have to leave in about ten minutes if you want to still have a compartment." He said loosening his grip on me and looking me in the eye. 

"Yup! I'll go get my trunk." I ran up the stairs, hearing my dad and Remus start to converse. I made sure I had everything. Including my journal, muggle books, sketchbooks, all the essentials, and we couldn't forget Casper. By the time I was done Remus was calling me down to leave.

I hugged my dad goodbye and grabbed Remus' arm before I knew it we were in Kings Cross Station.

"How do we get on the platform?"I said as we walked up to a pillar between platforms nine and ten. I looked up to Remus to see him smirking.

"You have to go through the wall." He said smiling at me.'Is he serious'.

"Seriously?" I looked at the wall incredulously.

"Yes, better to do it at a run-through, easier," Remus said giving me a small nudge. I took a deep breath and ran, closing my eyes as I got closer to the wall. Remus' hand on my shoulder running next to me the whole time.

The next time I opened my eyes I was in a whole different place, Platform 9 3/4. Looking in every direction you could see families hugging and bidding goodbyes to one another, others popping in with their children, few children were alone. I gasped in awe at the sight of the train, a beautiful scarlet red. Remus and I were farther from the pillar now, looking back I saw a boy with black messy hair and glasses run through, followed by a red-headed family.

"I'll miss you Remmy," I stated, squeezing him tight once again.

"I'll miss you too, little one. Remember to write your father and I every once and a while, alright?"Remus looked down upon me with a sad smile, tears coming to his eyes.

"Oh, Remmy.... don't cry. I won't forget about you or dad, never." I pulled away finally after a few last reminders. Most of which were to speak to Professor Dumbledore whenever I needed to. It wasn't long before I was leaving Remus and getting on the train. 

Once on there were no empty compartments, much to my discontent. There was one compartment though, inside was the black-haired boy and a red-headed boy. 

"May I sit here, with you both? Everywhere else is full." I asked, smiling at the two and waving to Ron. I hoped I wouldn't have to keep looking for a compartment.

"Sure, Hayden." Ron smiled waving back to me. I stepped into the compartment and introduced myself to the black-haired boy across from me as I sat next to Ron.

"I'm Hayden Swan, and you are?" I asked shaking hands with the black-haired boy.

"I'm Harry Potter." Upon hearing this I gasped. He was the boy mom was talking about. I was brought out of my thoughts by Ron.

"What?" Ron asked me.

"Nothing, just, can't believe I'm meeting you." I didn't want to lie to them, and I was still in shock. Harry and Ron looked towards each other, Ron giving Harry an 'I told you' look, then turned back to me.

The rest of the train ride was spent getting to know each other and eating sweets. I told them of my muggle father, witch mother, and wizard godfather, leaving out anything banshee related. I would have to tell them soon, we were already close friends.

Hermione, from the bookshop, came in and asked about a frog, but I wasn't really paying attention. I had been having slight feelings as we got closer to Hogwarts, I would have to speak to Dumbledore when we arrived. 

We arrived shortly after this, we all had our Hogwarts robes on and were walking towards Hagrid, a half-giant with a friendly appeal. He lead us to the boats where Harry, Ron, and I sat with another boy whom I hadn't caught the name of. We were lead up to the beautiful castle that was standing tall in the moonlight. We stopped in front of a tall woman with black hair pulled back into a bun. Whom of which I came to know as Professor Minerva McGonagall, Teacher of Transfiguration. She lead us into the Great Hall to be sorted. I zoned out until my name was called.

"Swan, Hayden!" I looked at Dumbledore as I walked up, giving a look that showed I needed to speak to him after the feast.

I sat down on the stool and the hat was placed on my head. I heard his voice in my mind as he decided my place.

"Ah, daughter of Merilyn. A banshee, no doubt. Intelligent, but loyal. Ambitious, yes, but not Slytherin. Brave, definitely. 'Outta be Gryffindor!" The sorting hat yelled it's choice for all to hear. The hat was taken off my head and I skipped to the Gryffindor table, smiling at Ron and Harry as I passed them, giving them a thumbs up as I sat down.

Ron and Harry, as well as the girl, Hermione, all went to Gryffindor after me. That night I was escorted to Dumbledore's office by Professor McGonagall, where I spoke to the both of them about the feelings I was getting. It was something darker than just death. Like it was broken, already dead, or just staying together by an outside source.

Ok, so I know the end is a little confusing but it will be explained. I've decided that of curse I won't be writing all seven years at Hogwarts, just summer vacations and flashbacks from the previous school year. I think this will be better for y'all so you can get to Jasper sooner. I plan to have them meet in person during the summer after her fifth or sixth year. So you shouldn't have to wait too long. Love ya!

M.F.Doe

Word Count:1260