7.

I've decided to skip to 5th year, you'll see why.

It had been a long few years. I am now in my fifth year. To tell a long story short, I haven't spoken to Bella since she refused to come home for the summer back in my second year. She wouldn't return any of my letters.

Voldemort had returned, last year in my fourth year. He killed a good friend of mine, Cedric Diggory, who I still mourn. Many did not believe Harry though when he came back from the final challenge of the Triwizard tournament. Some did though, Hermione, Ron, and I were amongst them. We slowly got more people on to our side though.

Harry had to go back to the Dursley's at the end of last year. Dumbledore's orders according to Remus. I had to spend my summer away from my father as well, to keep him safe. His letters told me everything though. Whenever the Mariners won a game, his cases at the station, Bella if he had heard from her (which was not often), or any newcomers in town. Newcomers in Forks did not happen very often, so I was surprised when his latest letter told me that a large family of seven had moved to Forks.
Almost all of the people who lived in Forks grew up there, it was one of those small-town cliches, you grow up there and grow old there, you never leave.

Luckily I left. But I'll go back when I graduate from Hogwarts. I'll work for the MACUSA. This I hope for, I hope to survive the war and live with my family and friends.

To update, the ministry set a new DADA teacher in place by the name of Professor Dolores Umbridge. A monstrous bitch who doesn't care about her students' safety. Trying to convince both herself and others that Voldemort is still gone, but he's not, he's back. It angers me that we haven't learned a single defensive spell.

That is why Hermione, Ron, Harry and I started Dumbledore's Army. To protect ourselves and others. Open to trusted students, Harry has been teaching us all the spells we need to protect ourselves. We've had to meet in secret though, in the Room of Requirement. Why? The inquisitorial squad has been ordered by Professor Umbridge to find us and give punishment.

She got her wish eventually though. Cho Chang had ratted us out. I'm not sure why though, she seemed trustworthy enough. Harry though, didn't care why he was just disappointed. Harry had a crush on Cho since the previous year and had finally kissed her this year, only to be betrayed.

Following the "capture" of Dumbledore's Army, Dumbledore fled Hogwarts as to not get arrested by the minister himself. This left Umbridge to be headmistress of Hogwarts.

This is where everything goes downhill.

Just like a few months before, when Harry had a vision of Arthur Weasley being attacked. He had a vision of Sirius being attacked. This felt different though. Sirius was supposed to be in hiding at Grimmauld Place, he was definitely not supposed to be at the ministry. Harry though, could not think before acting. The adrenaline pumping through him to save his godfather, his only connection to his parents.

We went to save him from the department of mysteries but he wasn't there. That's when I knew, Voldemort had set a trap to lure Harry in. I just didn't know what he wanted.

But then it hit me. No, it actually hit me. It fell from a shelf and hit me, Luna caught it thankfully but it still hurt.

It was the prophecy that started it all. The one that made Harry and his parents a target of the Dark Lord. That was when the death eaters arrived. They tried to get the prophecy but it wasn't working for them so they attacked. I'll never forget the feeling of tightness in my chest, the worry. We could die tonight. So many could die tonight. But I would not let that happen.
" Get behind me ". I said to the rest of the group." And cover your ears ". Luna, Neville, and Ginny looked at me confused as Ron, Hermione and Harry complied. I gave them a stern look and they fell in line. I looked ahead as the death eaters came closer to us. I slowly brought my hands up and screamed.

This made the death eaters fly back, some fell unconscious, like a stupify charm

This made the death eaters fly back, some fell unconscious, like a stupify charm. This gave us time to run. We ran to the nearest door and ran through it. What we did not know was that we'd fall about 100 feet down.

Luckily, we have a Hermione.

We came close to the ground and as we did as Hermione held her wand out and a yelled, "ARRESTO MOMENTUM!¨ We stopped mid-air and then fell about two feet, to the ground.

Time skip brought to you by "I don't remember what completely happened in this scene"

Sirius and Bellatrix were duelling. Tensions were high as we all fought our own death eaters. Harry and my eyes cautiously looked towards the two cousins. My eyes went wide as I started to hear the voices.

" NO! " I scream as I see Bellatrix ready to cast her spell. I think on my feet and do what I do best.

I scream.

This sends everyone back a few feet Bellatrix runs and Harry goes after her as well as Remus follows after him while I make sure everyone gets out of the Department of Mysteries. We apparate to the burrow and instantly once we all are there, I run to Sirius and hug him tightly. He squeezes me, as I start to cry.

" I thought I was going to lose you. " I say, sobbing.

" You saved me, Hayden, it's alright now. " Sirius whispers as he kisses my forehead. I let go of him and go to Harry and hug him.

" Everything's going to change now, isn't it. " I ask. He gives me a look and nods. I nod back and walk away, to Remus. He pulls me into a tight hug before saying,

" Your father would freak if he knew of this. " We laugh halfheartedly together as I put my head on his chest and yawn.

" Then let's not tell him. "I smile as I start to close my eyes.

" Molly. " I hear from Remus." I'm going to take her upstairs to sleep. " He says, picking me up as he used to when I was little. I hear Molly's laugh as well as a few others.

" Of course, Remus. " She says as Remus takes me upstairs to Ginny's room where I will be staying until I go home to Forks for the summer in a few days. Remus lies me down in my bed, I'm already half-asleep as he speaks.

"I was very proud of you tonight, Hayden. I know your mother would be just as proud. Good night little one, I love you.

So sorry for the long wait for this chapter but we have officially come to the real plot of this story. Hopefully, I can get chapter 8 up by next week since I'm on break, no promises though. I hope you now understand the time skip if not you will by the next chapter. Love y'all

~M.F.Doe