6.

Picked up on the way home after her second year.

I wasn't looking forward to being home this summer. Of course, I was happy to see my dad and Remus, but Bella wouldn't be coming. She had told me in a letter that she wanted to stay with Renee, apparently, Renee had gotten remarried very recently. It really hurt to hear that from her, we had vowed to stay together since we were little. On top of that, the school year had proven to also be terrible. Relatively early in the year, the Chamber of Secrets had been opened, raising a warning. I had gotten a few feelings that night, but nothing scream-worthy. It wasn't until much later in the year that the feelings increased, the night that Harry, Ron, and I found out that Ginny Weasley, Ron's sister, had been taken into the Chamber.

We watched as the professors spoke about how to handle the situation of Ginny being taken into the Chamber of Secrets. Ron was very upset, understandable if it was Bella I would have felt the same way. It wasn't long before we had decided to make Gilderoy Lockhart help us into the chamber. We ended up getting separated after Lockhart tried to obliviate us, and it backfired. I was stuck with Ron while Harry saved Ginny.

"She'll be fine Ron, she's in good hands," I said as I helped him to open up an entrance in the rock that had fallen.

"I know, I'm just worried."

That was understandable. Ginny was Ron's younger, and only sister. That night we all came out alive and safe. The heir of Slytherin being Tom Riddle's teen spirit taking form from its place in his old diary, which had now been destroyed. we thought we were going to get expelled but surprisingly, that didn't happen. He asked Ron and I to send an owl to Azkaban to let out Hagrid. I decided I would also send a letter to my Uncle Sirius, though I had only met him a few times when I was only a year old and didn't remember him, I knew he was innocent.

Dear Sirius,

I'm not sure if you remember me. I don't quite remember the few times I met you, as I was only one year old. My mother was your best friend, she made you my godfather, making me your goddaughter. I have heard stories of you from Remus and I know you're innocent. From what he says, you and James were too good of friends to do what everyone thinks you did. I do hope to meet you in person one day and remember it.

Love, Hayden

I sent it off with Harry's owl, Hedwig, as Ron sent the letter for Hagrid with his family owl, Errol. It was that night, at the feast, when Hagrid returned, welcomed with cheers of joy.

I didn't expect a letter back from Sirius but I do hope he got it. we were a few minutes out from Kings Cross when I turned to Harry.

"My offer still stands, if you ever need to get out of that wretched house, you owl me, Remus will be there as soon as I get it." I hugged him before getting up and waking Ron and Hermione, we had just arrived at the station. We all said our goodbyes as we got off the train and went to our separate families.

"Hi, Remus!" I yelled hugging him tightly. He held me just as tight as he sighed in relief.

"I'm so glad you're alright Hayden." He kissed the top of my head before letting me go and looking at me."You're getting big, little one, your father will not be pleased." said Remus in a teasing tone. He took my hand and we apparate back to Forks. I saw the cruiser on the grass and ran inside my home. There my father stood at the stairs, waiting for me. I jumped into his arms as he gave the same reaction as Remus, relief. So much had happened this year, so much danger, I was happy to be home. Dad looked at me as he held me in his arms, looking as if he didn't want to tell me something.

"I know Bella's not coming this summer, dad." I looked down, sadly. he pulled me into another hug, he knew how much I would miss Bella, we had been so close until now.

 Got another chapter for ya! I'll be posting a mini-chapter as well today. You will just have to read to see what it's about.

M.F.Doe

Word Count:768