Sirius' POV

Part of the story but more of an extension chapter than a full one.

Sirius Black sat in his gloomy, dark cell in Azkaban on a June morning. He was stuck to his depressing thoughts of his friends and family, James, Remus, Lily, Merilyn, Harry, and Hayden. He was upset with himself that he could not be there for his godchildren in their time of need. They had to have been about twelve to thirteen by now. He would have started crying if someone had not come around and interrupted his thoughts.

"Mail for you, Black." The guard said in a sharp tone, throwing the small envelope at him through the cell. Sirius scrambled to get the letter, picking it up and looking at it firmly, tears coming to his eyes when he saw who it was from. He tore the envelope open and read.

Dear Sirius,

I'm not sure if you remember me. I don't quite remember the few times I met you, as I was only one year old. My mother was your best friend, she made you my godfather, making me your goddaughter. I have heard stories of you from Remus and I know you're innocent. From what he says, you and James were too good of friends to do what everyone thinks you did. I do hope to meet you in person one day and remember it.

Love, Hayden

His tears were flowing freely now, his goddaughter believed in him, believed in the truth. He hoped too that he could meet her now. She seemed like a wonderful young lady from what he had read. Then and there, he knew his plan would have to work, he would get out of this wretched place. He would see his godchildren, he would have a family again. That's what he always wanted, a family who loved him. James, Remus, Lily..... and Peter, had been that for him at one point. That was until Peter ruined it for us all, he let fear get the best of him, taking Sirius' family. Sirius would have that again if it was the last thing he did.

This was a mini-chapter that's why it's short. I need help, I'm really thinking about making almost everyone live(Sirius, Remus, Tonks, Fred) I'll find a way to fit it into the story but I want to see what you guys think, tell me in the comments.

M.F.Doe

Word Count: 399