10.4 A Song To Your Heart

Start from the beginning

Lou MuLan signaled her servants to follow her as she walk pass the other concubines. The ladies made way to let the older sister pass. Lang Yuan did not expect that concubine to approach him so he remained stiff on his position. JiDan, who is still holding a grudge against this lady, stepped forward to protect his mother. Lou MuLan halted; the distance is only a meter away from Lang Yuan.

The atmosphere is very awkward. These two figures are the only one who managed to pass the final trial. If possible, these two should not meet to decrease the anxiety and hostility the other will give. Yet, Lang Yuan again met such unfortunate fate and met the lady on his way. Lou MuLan made a chuckle as she flapped her fan gracefully.

Lang Yuan hated the sudden silence so he thought of topics that they could talk. It's not that he wanted to chat with Lou MuLan. It's just that the atmosphere is saying him to start a topic so they can talk and have some sarcastic criticism with each other. Lang Yuan scratched the back of his head.

"Um... Are you looking for you father? Ah... we met earlier," Lang Yuan said. "He said that you will be visiting your home... or something."

"Yes, actually I am waiting for my father," Lou MuLan played with the pearl necklace on her neck.

The pearl necklace seems to emit a glittering color dragging everyone's attention towards it. Lang Yuan nodded, knowing the reason what the ladies are talking about earlier. Lou MuLan seems to be showing her collection to everyone, obviously placing it right just above her cleavage to poison people. This is an effective strategy to pull anyone's eyes to her gaining the praises that she thirstily needed. But this thing is ineffective towards the youth.

For a person who faced hardship on his past life, Lang Yuan is never greedy nor envious. Even though he's the only one in the class who has old books and notebooks, old uniform passed by big brothers, or old shoes bought in a thrift shop, Lang Yuan is not scarce with the things that he needed. These are just material things. These can be earned by hardwork and perseverance.

Also, Lang Yuan is male. He's not the type to be fascinated by jewels and accessories. And the showcase of the huge breasts? Lang Yuan was only reminded with a bad memory about that annoying lady on the inn where he and JiDan stayed for the night. Since then, whenever he sees someone showing their 'fatty' chest to people, he would immediately seethe in utter disgust.

"Um... well... have a safe trip..." He said coldly. Lang Yuan is never a conversation starter and loves to unintentionally end conversations without knowing it. So instead of stalling time he just excused himself and turned around.

But ah, Lou MuLan will never let the youth go. Now that the youth is in front of her, she could use some tactics to make him fall. After all, her chances of winning the final trial are not one hundred percent. Lang Yuan is being favored by his unique skills and talent. She wondered if she could step up to the pedestal without doing something dirty. And that black masked man who told her that he can help her reach the top is currently missing.

"What is the Empress Candidate doing here? Were you summoned by the emperor?" She asked.

"Um... I am," Lang Yuan, answered.

Lou MuLan gave him an apprehensive look. Never did the emperor call the concubines once, and this human was summoned?

"I see... "

Lang Yuan did not know what Lou MuLan saw so he decided to turn away but stopped again when one concubine appeared before his steps. He started to feel annoyed. These ladies obviously hated him. Why do they keep on stalling him? But Lang Yuan still faced the concubines with a calm face.

"Will the lady let me excuse myself?" Lang Yuan faced the leader. "I actually have some business to do."

Lang Yuan needed to practice the reading materials and the zither. Unlike the ladies that mastered these skill for the thousand years, Lang Yuan is still a greenhorn. Lou MuLan pursed her lips and giggled.