Chapter 7

Here's a chapter about Bal! I was told by some people that Mal and Ben didn't have enough airtime, so here you go!

Time skip, 2 months....

"So, you're positive you didn't recognize them?" Ben asked Jay and Lonnie.

"For the twentieth time, no, we didn't. And we haven't seen them since," Lonnie shook her head. As Ben continued to ask questions and discuss what they were going to do, Evie spotted Mal staring out the window. She got Mal's attention before trying to speak to her silently. When Mal didn't understand Evie groaned slightly and cleared her throat.

"Excuse me, guys. But I need to speak to Mal, privately," Evie said and grasped her best friend by the hand, leading her out of Ben's office. The others watched, confusion clouding their faces.

"Mal.... Are you okay?" Evie asked once they were outside.

"I don't know... I don't know how to feel," Mal said sticking her hand in her pocket.

"What are you talking abo-" Evie stopped when Mal pulled out a pregnancy test and showed her the plus sign. "Mal! Are you serious?"

Mal nodded. "I took it this morning."

"So that's why you were so out of it in there! Congratulations!" Evie squealed and hugged her purple haired friend tightly. "Have you told Ben yet?"

"No..." Mal shook her head.

Evie's eyebrows knitted together. "I'm sensing you're not happy about this?"

"It's not that.... Okay... Maybe it is? No. I'm overjoyed. Honestly.... But what if I lo-"

"I swear Mal, if you say lose the baby I will smack you," Evie said pulling her hand back and Mal stopped speaking and instead resorting to chewing on her lip. "You're freaking out?"

Mal nodded again. "I just.... I don't know how to tell him.... I don't know what to say...."

"I'll deal with the rest of the meeting. Take him to the Enchanted Lake and tell him there," Evie said and when Mal didn't respond, Evie pulled her in for another hug. "It will work out Mal, I promise."

Mal sighed but hugged Evie back. "And if it doesn't, I'll punch Ben for you." Mal laughed.

"Thanks Eves. You're the best," she said.

"I know. Now get in there and tell him you're with child!" Evie exclaimed and the two laughed before making their way back to Ben's office. "Ben, Mal needs to tell you something really important. I thought you could use a break. I'll take over the meeting and you guys can go to the Enchanted Lake."

Mal glared at her friend for being too obvious but smiled at Ben innocently. He suspiciously eyed Mal but nodded. "Sure. Sounds.... Good."

After the two left Evie squealed again. "Mind filling us in?" Carlos asked as she turned to face them.

"Mal's gonna have another baby!" Evie said happily as she hugged Carlos tightly. Carlos squirmed out of her arms before fixing his shirt.

"Really?! That's awesome!" Jane said and high-fived Lonnie before they squealed. The guys just stood there shaking their heads.

"Sometimes you've got to just let girls be girls," Jay shrugged before being punched in the stomach by Lonnie.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So... Evie was acting weird," Ben chuckled as he walked hand in hand with Mal down to the lake.

"Oh, you noticed that too...." Mal smiled, nervously pulling her hand away.

"Okay.... Now you're acting weird, what's up?" Ben asked as he stopped walking. Mal wiped her sweaty palms on her dress and stayed silent. "Here, let's sit," he said walking down with her to sit near the lake.

"Ben..."

"Yes, Mal?"

"I'm so scared."

"Well, if you tell me what's wrong I can help you be strong."

"I just.... I'm Pregnant.... And I know you didn't want this right now. I totally understand that this wasn't in our plan..." Mal said and Ben smiled.

"Mal, this is amazing," He said taking her hand.

"You're just saying that..." Mal said looking away.

"Mal..." Ben gently turned her head to look at him. "Did you really think I didn't want this?"

When Mal didn't answer he pulled her closer to him. "Of course I'm happy about this. Of course I want this child with you. I love you Mal."

"I love you too," She said looking out towards the lake.

"What else is bothering you?"

"What do you mean?"

"You're not the normal, spunky Mal. You're too quiet."

"I'm scared I'll lose this baby too... I don't want to go through that again."

"Mal, you won't lose the baby. And if you do, we'll get through it together. You have to believe nothing will happen. Are you willing to try and let what happens happen?" Ben asked, resting his hand on Mal's flat stomach. She covered his hand with her own.

"I'm willing to try," she nodded with a smile. "By the way, Evie probably alerted the press about the baby by now."

Ben laughed. "Wait... Are you serious?" Mal laughed at his response and stood up, running away. "Mal! You can't do this to me! I don't want to face them alone! Come back!"

Alright guys, I know it was a shorter chapter, but I have some writers block. Anyway, I hope you guys enjoyed and I'll see you in a couple months or so! Goodbye!