Chapter 4

"He's crying again!" Carlos came out of the bathroom with a screaming Christopher in his arms.

"He doesn't feel good honey, that's all," Jane said and took the three year old.

"Yeah well, he just threw up all over me and the bathroom rugs. So I'm gonna get some laundry started while you figure out how to lower his fever. Deal?" Carlos asked.

"Deal," Jane nodded and brought Christopher into her bedroom. "Alright Chris, let's see if we can get that temperature down shall we?" She said and got a rag from the bathroom and ran it under cold water. She then wiped down the three year old's face and left it on his forehead.

"You wanna watch some TV?" Jane suggested and propped her son up to watch some Wiggles.

When he seemed satisfied, and not too hot, she left him alone and walked to the kitchen.

"What do you think he could have?" Jane asked seeing her husband come out of the bathroom clean.

"The flu?" Carlos suggested. "Strep throat? It could be a lot of things."

"I hate to see him this way," Jane said.

"So do I. But there's nothing we can do except give him medicine, fluids, and make him rest."

"You're right, as usual."

"Whoa, don't sound too happy," Carlos teased and got some cookies from a cabinet.

"Evie told me she and Doug are talking about more kids," Jane said grabbing a cookie.

"Oh really?" Carlos asked taking a bite. "That's nice."

Jane sighed. "Don't you ever want another little one?"

Carlos choked on his cookie and began coughing. He cleared his throat. "Um... I mean, yeah, sure. Just not right now. Our hands are full with Christopher."

"I know.... I just.... Evie and Doug have two kids, Lonnie and Jay have three, and Mal and Ben have two."

"Mal and Ben didn't have a choice. Besides, you know Jay and Lonnie don't believe in using any kind of birth control. The same with Evie and Doug."

"I don't know if you know this sweetheart, but none of us are actively using birth control," Jane said.

"Yes, I realize that."

"So you agree that it could happen?"

"What could happen?"

"It."

"What's it?"

"Conceiving a child accidentally," Jane said.

"Yes. That's what happened with Jordyn. I'm not sure if Evie and Doug planned to have Damien or not. I'll have to ask-"

"Carlos!" Jane shouted and he looked at her. "That's not the point."

"What is the point?"

"The point is, is that because we are not using any sort of birth control, pregnancy can happen."

"And....?"

"And if it happens by accident, you would be happy?"

Carlos chuckled. "Of course I would be happy. I want to have more kids with you Jane. I just want to enjoy spending a little more time with you and Christopher before another little one decides to join us."

Jane nodded. "I understand."

"You sound disappointed. Are you disappointed?" Carlos asked.

"No. I'm not.... Just.... A lot on my mind with Chris sick. That's all," Jane said. Carlos nodded before walking to his bedroom to check on Christopher.

That's all....

New updates every Wednesday!