Chapter 6

Lonnie and Jay lay in bed later that night in one of their parents guest bedrooms. Jay was half asleep while Lonnie stared at the ceiling. 

"Jay..." She said.

"Hmm?" Jay asked opening his eyes slightly.

"What happens if we never find who they are and why they are here."

"We'll find out why they're here. You can quote me on that," Jay said. 

Lonnie nodded. "I know.... I just, I can't believe we're not even safe in our own house," she said looking up at him

"Don't worry Lonnie. I won't let anything happen to you guys," Jay said and closed his eyes again. A couple minutes later Lonnie broke the comfortable silence once more.

"You don't regret it do you?" She asked

Jay opened his eyes. "Regret what?" He asked.

"Having three kids with me?"

"No. Never. I could never regret anything I do with you," Jay said. "Including the times we have more kids."

"I just... We're both so young...."

"Yeah. But, so what? I love you Lonnie. You and all of our children," Jay said as he rested his hand on her leg.

"How many kids do you want?" Lonnie shifted so that she was now looking at Jay.

"As many as we have," Jay shrugged.

"Come on Jay, you have to have some number in your head."

"All I know is that as long as they're with you, we can have as many kids as you want."

"So, if I said I was done having kids you wouldn't be upset?"

"Are you done having kids?"

"No..."

"We don't have to have another baby as soon as Jacques turns one you know. We can wait as long as you want."

"I realize that Jay. Just... Making sure."

"Are you pregnant?" Jay asked brushing some hair out of Lonnie's face.

"No. I'm definitely not pregnant. I don't think that's even possible now," Lonnie shook her head.

"Why not?"

"Because I went to the doctor a couple days ago..."

"And?"

"The doctor said that we should wait to have more kids. He said if I get pregnant again soon it could cause... Complications...."

"Like?"

"Like us losing the baby, or you losing me," Lonnie said. "My body was put under too much stress with Jacqueline."

"Lonnie, why didn't you tell me?"

"I was going to the night that the intruders broke in. But then that all happened."

"We'll wait. I'm not risking losing you."

"Jay..."

"I'm serious Lonnie. We'll tell the others what happened tomorrow."

Lonnie nodded. "Let's go to sleep now."

"I love you," Jay said yawning.

"I love you too," Lonnie said and Jay wrapped his arms around her before he fell asleep. Lonnie, however, lay there still, thinking about everything that had happened, and was going to happen.