9

Yugo and Amalia stepped out of the room, each with a goofy smile on their face, only to be swamped by their worried friends. Eva hugged Amalia tightly and swung her around, making the green haired princess laugh. Dally and hugged Yugo so hard he thought his bones would crack while Flopin and Elely just smiled off to the side. Adamai clapped his brother on the back. "Glad you finally worked it out!" He congratulated. "How-" Yugo began, only to be cut off with a wink from Adamai. "The look on your face told us everything!" He laughed. He wasn't gonna admit to his brother that they were spying to him. Nope. Ruel congratulates the two and talked to Yugo briefly before they steeled themselves to return to the King's chambers.

Yugo took a deep hesitant breath as his hands brushed the cold wood of the King's door, swallowing. Dally put a warm hand on his shoulder and gave him a thumbs up, making Yugo smile. He took another deep breath and confidently pushed the doors open, coming face to face with the king. "Ah.... Yugo.. Glad to see.... you are alright..." The king wheezed out, a smile on his weary face. Yugo smiles gently. "Yes. I'm sorry.. I was shocked, but I think I'm okay now. Could you explain the situation?" He asked in an even tone, trying to sound as confident as possible. They were going to put a stop to this. The king smiled and nodded weakly. "Armand... plans to marry Amalia off immediately.... he says it's for the betterment of.... the kingdom.... But.... I know... Amalia won't be happy.... I beg of you... please stop him..." The king pleaded. Amalia frowned slightly, averting her eyes from her father. It must be hard for her... the man she looked up to as a strong king and a kind father, reduced to this. Yugo gave him a smile. "Of course, we wouldn't think of letting her be married off like that." He says, his blue eyes blazing with a strange confidence and determination, a stark contrast from the dark, solemn blue they had been as of late. The kind smiled happily. "I'm glad.... thank you so much. I'm sure Amalia is very lucky to have a friend.... like you." He croaked out. Yugo blushed a bit. "If anything I am lucky to have her. We shall put a stop to this right away, you have our word." He assured, bowing slightly, the rest following suit. The king nodded, letting them be dismissed. They now stood outside the chamber doors, their brows knitted tight with worry.

"We have to convince him not to marry off Amalia." Eva states plainly. "Yes, but how? We know Armand, he's stubborn as a mule!" Ruel huffs, rather annoyed at the whole situation. He didn't like doing anything for anyone unless there was money involved..... Amalia simply stood to the side, shifting her weight from side to side awkwardly. Yugo came over and put a comforting hand on her shoulder, giving her a slight smile. "Don't worry. We'll stop Armand. I promise." He says, eyes full of simultaneous terror and confidence. Amalia nodded. "Thanks Yugo..." Then, they heard the soft padding of bare feet on the wood floor, sending a jolt of panic through each and every one of them. The soft yet powerful steps rang through the hall as someone approached, chest held high and a solemn look in their eyes. Armand. He finally came into view from around the corner, coming face to face with the group. "Oh... Good to see you all.."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: I'm so sorry for the wait!!! It's really short and I'm so sorry about the bad quality, but the Christmas season is always hectic for my family. I'll be going on an 8 hour drive to visit family later, so if I have internet I'll spend some times writing the next chapter in order to make up for my lack of presence. But thank you all so much for reading!!