5

As Yugo entered the shop he was greeted by his father, Alibert. "Hey! Welcome back Yugo!" He said, beaming. Yugo laughed. Alibert was a very happy-go-lucky type of guy, you don't see those that often. Alibert was currently behind the counter of his dimly lit restaurant, setting plates down on the counter. Yugo sighed and quickly got to work, grabbing the plates that his father had prepared. The customers greeted Yugo as he set their plates down. Most of the customers that were currently here were the regulars, but a few new faces could be seen amongst the crowd. Alibert's restaurant had become much more popular since Yugo returned from his journey a couple years ago. Now, He and his father were constantly weaving through the mazes of people and tables, trying to get each plate to it's respective table within a reasonable amount of time. As Yugo finished delivering the last plate, he switched places with his dad in the kitchen. He took a deep breath, the scent of spices, fruits, meats and other ingredients filled his lungs. He always liked it back here, it was calming. Even if you were in a rush to get someone's food out on time. As Yugo stirred the stew he kept thinking... But then he would immediately shake his head. He couldn't get distracted... But in all honesty he couldn't help himself. 'Why do I even care so much?' The teen thought, plating up the food with a glassy look in his eyes. 'I'm sure she'll get over it eventually. She'll go back to being friends with me like nothing ever happened...' He thought with a sigh. 'No... I doubt it. Something like this is way bigger than the normal arguments that occur within our group.' Yugo sighed, something he had been doing a lot lately. Yugo silently cursed himself for being an idiot as he continued with his work, eyes still glazed over. He wasn't quite there, lost in thought. The rest of his work day passed quickly.

Yugo took a deep breath and looked up at the sky. Stars speckled the black sky and Yugo smiled. It was now about 8 PM and Yugo and Alibert had finished closing up shop for the night, so now the two were headed home. Alibert looked over at Yugo, a look of concern adorning his features. "Yugo..." Alibert paused as his adopted son turns toward him. "Is something wrong? You seemed awfully distant today..." Alibert says, frowning. Yugo smiled a bit. "Ah..." What was he supposed to tell his dad? That he kissed a girl but then fucked up by saying he regretted it? That the very biology of his species was fucking him over at this very moment? That he had lots of emotional problems right now and that he was worried about his future? The 19 year old boy thought for a minute. "It's nothing much dad. Just some stuff that happened on our last adventure. I can deal with it!" He said in an attempt to console his father. 'But... Maybe I'm trying to convince myself of that too. That I'm being irrational.' He thought. Alibert looked at him. He had known Yugo for 19 years, he could tell when he was lying. But instead of pushing it he simply gave a small nod. "If you say so, but remember. I'm your dad and you can always talk to me!" He said with a wide grin. He pulled Yugo into a small yet warm hug, before letting go. Somehow that small gesture made him feel better. "Thanks dad..." Yugo whispered, a warm smile spread across his face.

That night Yugo drifted off into a peaceful sleep, not worrying about anything. It was amazing how one person could do this, just by offering their support.

Sadly that peace was interrupted when he heard a loud tapping noise from the other side of his window. This continued for about a minute before Yugo finally rose from his covers. "Huh... who the hell is it?" He grumbles, rather pissed at being woken from his first peaceful sleep since... that bratty princess... Yugo glances at his window just long enough to get a glimpse of a face, shrouded by the darkness of the night. "AHHHHHHH" Yugo screams, jumping backwards and falling off the bed. He lands on his back with a hard THUMP, followed by a string of mumbling and curses. He hesitantly got back up and looked at his window "RUEL!" He shouts, rather angrily. He opens the window, facing an annoyed looking old man. "What the hell are you doing here?" He asks, lowering his voice as to not wake his dad. Ruel grumbled to himself. Something along the lines of: "Took ya long enough" But Yugo couldn't really hear him. Ruel shook his head. "Whatever. We've been summoned." Ruel began. Yugo felt a pit grow in his stomach. Summoned... There's only one thing that could mean... "By the king of Sadida."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Another A/N:

Sorry for not uploading in so long!! It's been busy, with the start of school closing in, my brother's birthday, my birthday coming up etc. But I'll try to upload more now. Also, this was a draft that I had half finished about a month ago. So if the feel of the writing suddenly changes halfway through then that's why.

Also! I need some help! I'm at a loss on where to go with the story. All I have is that the King of Sadida summons them for some reason. Not sure why yet, so any suggestions are very much so appreciated. Also don't worry, if your suggestion ends up getting used I'll be sure to give you credit!

ALSO! (Geez this is way too long.) This story is #281 in Angsty! That's impressive, cuz if I know anything it's that angsty stories are the most popular. I'm definitely a fan of Hurt/Comfort fics! But I would like to thank you all again for reading, voting and commenting! Every single one makes my day! I apologize for being inconsistent in my uploading schedule, but I'm glad you all enjoy the story! As always, Suggestions and Criticism are welcome and appreciated!!!