2

As Yugo set to making dinner, Elely talked to her brother in private. "Flopin, I think something's wrong with Uncle Yugo and Aunt Amalia..." She whispered to him. Flopin turned his head. "Yeah.. I noticed that too, after what happened with Oropo and everyone, they grew kinda distant. They refuse to talk to each other now..." He whispers back. "I wonder if Mama or Papa know anything.. Since Aunt Amalia and Mama are friends, and Papa and Uncle Yugo are friends, maybe they know something we don't. Cuz it's obvious that they feel something for each other. I'm not sure if it's love yet.... but whatever it is they need to sort it out before I beat the both of them up." Elely said matter of factly. Flopin laughed nervously, he didn't doubt for a second that she would do so. Yugo looked at them both a bit suspiciously. "Hey, can you two set the table please? Dinner is almost ready." He says, finishing up the gobball stew. He had learned a whole bunch of new recipes, but this one was the kid's favorite. They nodded and grabbed some bowls and silverware. "Ok so...How about we... not do that... and just try and think of a way to force them to talk about it? I think we should wait a little bit though, I think that if they talk right now they'll just end up arguing instead of talking about things sensibly." He whispers as they set the table for dinner. Elely almost dropped the bowl she was holding. "But-!" She exclaimed. Flopin dived across the table and clamped down on her mouth. "ShhhHH." He hissed. Yugo looked strangely at them. "What are you two talking about?" He asks, dishing out dinner. Flopin shakes his head. "Nothing really, just telling Elely that she can't go out training in the middle of the night." He said hurriedly, trying to make up an excuse. Elely seemed to get the memo, because she huffed as if upset. "Says you..." She mumbles, seemingly angry. Yugo Laughs. "Yeah, that's probably not a great idea. Now sit down and eat please!" He says smiling. The thoughts from earlier were still plaguing his mind, but being with the kids helped ease the pain a little. Flopin and Elely winked at each other across the table. "Nice catch Big bro." Flopin mouthed to her. "No prob lil sis." She mouthed back.

After dinner Yugo played a few board games with them and then, according to Eva's instructions, sent them up to bed at about 9:30 PM. They went up quietly and each went to their separate rooms, though they wouldn't fall asleep for a long while, each trying to think of a way to get Yugo and Amalia back on speaking terms.

Then, without the children to occupy his thoughts, Yugo was left to the mercy of his own head. He knew that it was stupid and that he should stop worrying about it. There was nothing he could do... but his brain just kept attacking him. He hated it. But the fact was, Amalia hated him. The thing was, he knew he said something stupid. He said that kissing her was a mistake.... he could have worded that better... But he didn't know how to tell her what he truly meant by that. That he wasn't really ready for a relationship. He didn't want to possibly ruin what they already had. Well too late for that I guess, but still. He was still a child. She was a woman about to be a queen, she was ready to do whatever it took to save her country. That includes marrying someone that she didn't truly want to marry..... How could he compete with that? Sure he was a king, but he was a king with no people. The mistakes he's made in his past plagued him constantly, he's a child by his species standard. He had so much longer left to live. He was scared to outlive her, he was scared that he couldn't give her what she needed. He was scared that people would laugh at her. He didn't want to commit to her, and not be able to provide for her. All in all he was just scared... but where had this gotten him?? Their friendship is ruined, she doesn't want to talk to him, and he really isn't going to get a do over. All because he messed up. But she messed up too! He argued with himself. She's the one that left me in the dust for my more mature and older version! She basically confirmed all my fears! That I'm not enough. That I'm still a kid, who doesn't know what he's doing. I can't focus on keeping a woman happy while I still have a kingdom to create.... He sighs. His head was throbbing and he needed a break. He poured himself a glass of water and sat in front of the fire. After downing the glass and sitting there, rubbing his temples for a good half hour, he fell asleep.