Midnight Cuddles

Here's some fluff as an apology for the last part.

Third Person P.O.V:

Hiccup worked tirelessly, his pencil scribbling on the parchment that lay in front of him. He had only the light of a single lantern to work with, for the night had settled over Berk like a blanket, blocking out all light. Finally, he was finished. He held the paper up to the light and admired his handiwork. A darkened sketch of a new flight suit design swept across the page, and Hiccup smiled. He reached for another sheet of parchment to begin designing specific parts, when he heard the door downstairs creak open.

The familiar squawk of a Nadder rang through the house, signaling that Astrid was home at last.
Hiccup breathed a sigh of relief.
She trudged up the stairs, her hair falling out of the braid.
Once she reached their room, she peeked inside. Hiccup was still bent over his desk, pencil scribbling away.
She stepped inside and the floorboard creaked.
Hiccup turned around and smiled at his wife.

"Hello M'lady," he greeted softly.

Rather than responding to him, Astrid walked over to where he was sitting.
Hiccup scooted over and she plopped down beside him, sighing.
She wrapped her hands around his arm and leaned her head on it.
Hiccup took one of her hands in his and caressed it.

"Long day?" He asked and pressed a light kiss to her hair.
She nodded against his arm and cuddled up to him.

"Now I know how you feel every day. Training the new riders is exhausting!" She mumbled against his arm and Hiccup laughed.

"Come on M'lady, let's get some sleep," he scooped her up bridal style and set her on the bed. She groaned and pulled the blanket up to her nose.
Hiccup smiled and pulled off his prosthetic. He glanced over to the rocky slab, where Toothless snores softly. He heard Stormfly exit the house, meaning she was headed to the stable.
Content, Hiccup settled under the covers, and Astrid rolled over to him.

"Hiccup?" She murmured sleepily as she buried her face into his chest.

"Yes M'lady?" Hiccup played with her silky hair, and pulled it out of the braid. The golden locks fell across the pillow, and Hiccup pressed a kiss to the top of her head.

"I love you," she mumbled and snuggled up to him.

Hiccup's heart sped up and he gazed into the eyes of his Valkyrie.

"I love you too, M'lady," he leaned in and they kissed softly.
It was a kiss full of love for each other, a love that would never die.
They broke apart, and Astrid drifted off to sleep on his chest.
When her breathing grew even, Hiccup whispered into her ear, "I will always love you."
She smiled in her sleep, and Hiccup drifted off to the realm of dreams, eager to wake up the next day with his wife beside him.

Done! THE FLUFFYNESS AH MAH HEART!
I'm sorry for the short chapters, I'm typing this on my phone.
Also.
No editing.
So what you're reading is what I type the first time.
No drafts.
Most of the time.
Crap I'm going off topic.
Ummmm...
Keep being awesome and keep shipping HICCSTRID!

I'm gonna kill Stormfly soon.
Bye Bye Fluffy Dragons!
-Ethereal