Chapter Three

When we got to the party there was around eighty or so people. “Where do we go?” I was so confused as to what we were supposed to be doing. Some people were sitting and talking some were dancing, others were swimming. “This is a party Ashlee, you socialize.” Lindsey said as she was checking out a group of guys walked by. “Watch it Lindsey your taken.” Nicole nudged Lindsey, Lindsey let out a big breath of air. “Here let’s find Tom.” Lindsey started pushing through a group of people. Nicole and I shrugged and followed. He was out back at a table and chair set, with a girl. “Lindsey!” He got up and gave her a big bear hug. “Hey Tom!” She hugged him back. While she and Tom started chatting away Nicole and I kept stealing glances at the other two other people at the table. Nicole got her phone to avoid awkwardness, when I went to get mine I remembered ii had left it at my house. Great so now I do have to be in the awkwardness. “Oh Tom you remember Ashlee, and Nicole right?” He nodded and smiled gave us both a little hug. “Yes I do. Oh this is my friend Lottie.” Lottie was beautiful! She had dirty blonde hair, and blue eyes. “hey girls.” Lottie smiled and waved at us. We smiled back “Did you guys eat yet?” Tom was looking at Lindsey “Nope not yet.” He laughed “I have so much food go get something! Oh by the way you three look lovely!” We all three blushed and headed back inside to find the food tables. “Lottie was pretty.” Nicole looked around after she had said it making sure Lottie wouldn’t hear us talk about her. “Yeah, her a Tom aren’t really close friends he’s just friends with her older brother, well that’s was he told me anyway.” Lindsey was leading us to what seemed to be a snack table. “Who is her brother?” I took a bight of a crisp. “I don’t know. I would think he’s here tonight.” We all kinda shrugged and made plates. We went back out to the patio and found a table. The three of us laughed and chatted keeping to ourselves, when Tom came by and asked Lindsey to dance. There wasn’t a slow song on it was ‘Scream’ by Usher. It was Lindsey’s favorite song, so of course her and Tom had to dance to it. Nicole went inside to get a us drinks, I stayed outside so I could watch the stuff at the table. I heard laughing and whispering a couple tables behind me, so I turned around to see what was going on. There was a little group of guys talking and looking over at me.  They all looked about 19 there was three of them, they were all wearing the same leather jacket. When they saw me looking at them one of them shouted “Want some of this?” I rolled my eyes and turned around. “Don’t look away from me!” I could hear them starting to walk over to our table, and then Lindsey and Tom got back. “Who are they?” tom said cocking his head towards the bunch. “Uh I don’t know, it’s your party.” He glared at them “Want to bring your stuff upstairs?” Lindsey nodded and we started collecting our stuff, Nicole came back and looked confused. “I’ll tell you later.” She nodded her head and handed us our drinks. Tom showed us where to put our stuff and we headed back downstairs. I took a big swig of my drink, only to spit it out a few seconds later. “Ew what was that for?” I had gotten it everywhere. “You didn’t tell me it was alcohol!” She laughed at me “It’s a party! What else were we supposed to drink apple juice?” Lindsey had agreed with her so now I looked like an idiot “I could see if we have any pop in the coolers?” Tom started walking away, I didn’t want to seem like a bigger loser then I do right now so I grabbed his arm “No it’s ok, it just caught me off guard!” He turned around and looked at me dead in the eyes “You sure?” I nodded and took a tiny sip of it. “Well if you girls are ok I’m going to find my friend Liam.” Lindsey nodded in approval. “Guys we are under aged remember? Seventeen!” They covered my mouth “Ashlee do you want to have fun at this party or not?” Lindsey was looking at me, and you could tell she was annoyed. “I mean yeah but-“Nicole shook her head “Shush! Just drink it!” I lowered my eyes; I wasn’t going to win this one. “Fine.”  I took a sip and after I got used to the bitter taste I started enjoying things a bit more. It was one drink after another and soon we were wasted. If I looked to my left Nicole was dancing with a tall mixed boy, who was also wasted. To my right Lindsey was also dancing with Tom. Where did he come from? Then you have me kinda just dancing with the mix of the crowed. At this point there was no way we were getting home tonight and it was already 3:00am. And the party was still strong.