“Where did she go?” Trent’s deep voice rang through the courtyard. I heard shuffling feet making its way toward us and I felt myself sucking in breath.

“I don’t know! All I know was I saw she had green eyes, some girl that was with her threw her hood over her head before I could see what color hair she had.” The jock sounded like he had just been defeated in a war or something.

“Alright let’s get back in there, maybe she snuck in through the back or something.” The shuffling feet got lighter and lighter till there wasn’t even a sound anymore.

I laid my head back on the brick wall behind me. This was going to be harder than I thought. I began to make my way back into the building just as the bell rang, making me jump. I muttered a few words under my breath because now I was late for the first time in my life.

I walked into the classroom and saw Trent sitting at the desk next to mine again. I had to avoid him as much as possible. Sitting in the first seat I could help but feel the eyes of Trent on the back head. Maybe he knows it’s me…

“Ah Miss. Faith late I see,” the teacher said slamming his ruler down on my desk. “As you know I don’t like tardiness, so let’s not make this a habit shall we.” Without waiting for a reply he went back up to his desk and sat down.

I could then feel not only the stare of Trent but of everyone else in the classroom now. A blush appeared on my face and I began to shrink into my seat a little further. It came to the point where I couldn’t handle it anymore. The stares were getting to me and I felt like I was standing in the middle of the gym with only my bra and underwear on. I shot my hand up in the air and waited for the teacher to recognize me.

He looked up from his newspaper and raised his eyebrows. “Yes?”

“May I go to the bathroom?” I quietly said. The redness of my cheeks only grew more when I had the teachers stare along with everyone else on me. I could see from the corner of my eye Jessie giving me a concerned look.

He let out a loud overdramatic sigh making it seem like this was the end of his life. A teenager asking to go to the bathroom during his class, oh no your life is so horrible! “Fine but take your stuff the bell will be ringing shortly.”

I gave a grateful smile and quickly exited the room. The butterflies in my stomach and the redness of my cheeks soon went away as I walked alone in the hallway. This is how I wish it was every day, nothing to worry about unlike in my crazy life at this moment.

“Faith!” Trent called. “Faith wait up!”

I kept walking, acting like I didn’t hear him as I turned the corner. I then broke out into a run because I knew he couldn’t see me at this moment. I could hear the squeaking of his shoes coming around the corner the same time I made it through the bathroom door and into the stalls. Locking it shut I sat down on the toilet seat and tried to slow my rapidly beating heart.

The bell rung a few minutes after and the bathroom doors flung open. The sound of heels filled the bathroom and I knew it was the captain and her little pack of wannabes, who included my evil twin cousins. Standing at the mirror they broke out into a conversation which intrigued me.