Side Bite 1: New Bonding

So, this is one of Namjin's stories, little things to how their dynamics work in this story, why they're like the way they are in the book. (It's really just soft, short things while you wait for the main chapters when I lose motivation or if I only have time for oneshots. Take these with a little bit of crack salt) Snippets, I guess you could call them. Takes place before KFAD. Happy Birthday my Winter Children, Jin and Taehyung! Goodbye 2018, hello 2019, please don't hurt me this year.

Caring for yourself in college is hard.

Caring for yourself and another friend is harder.

And as Seokjin rushed to his last lecture of the year, he's certain that it's harder to care for himself and a friend, especially if that friend is a turned vampire.

Jin shuddered as he waited for his professor to arrive. Try as he might, there was no way for him to completely discard the memory from his mind.

"Jin!"

Hearing his name called, he turned around, about to reprimand his dorm mate for his rudeness. Whatever he was about to say quickly died on his lips as he took in the scene in front of him.

Yoongi, pale as ash and eyes wide and dark as eclipses. Jin felt his feet propelling him forward at the sight of blood on his shirt. Looking up when he can't find the source, Jin looked up and saw Yoongi utter two words.

"It's Namjoon."

He hadn't heard anything else Yoongi said. Leaving Yoongi behind, Jin ran into the common room, blessedly empty, save for one sprawling mass on the ground. Jin stared at Namjoon, his arms clutching his stomach in agony. "Namjoon, what happened? Where are you hurt?"

The moment Jin reached out to check the younger, he snapped back in shock as Namjoon let out a loud snarl. Bright red quickly overtook the soft brown Jin associated with him, and Jin took a step back, locking onto the sharp, white incisors bared at him. Namjoon looked way stronger and much less sickly as he sat up to stare at the elder, a hungry look in his eye.

Jin took a step, then two, then three steps back as Namjoon pulled himself to stand, swaying on his feet before he strode over, pinning the human to the wall. Jin closed his eyes, feeling the newly turned vampire against his neck.

Several things happened at once.

Just as Jin yelped from a sharp nip on his neck, he was pushed back into the wall, the imposing pressure gone as Namjoon backed into the corner, shaking in apprehension as he tried to blend into the beige walls of the common room. His eyes held a devastating combination of thirst and dread as he slowly slid down, curling from a ball, quiet sobs escaping him.

And yet, even as every sense told Jin to run, all he could do was rush over, holding the trembling vampire in his arms.

That was a solid six months ago, and yet, he could remember it like it was yesterday. Jin made an attempt to return to the lecture he had belatedly realized he was missing and took hastily scribbled notes. He and Yoongi had thankfully managed to run into the Vampire RA that patrolled for the night courses and get Namjoon some much needed blood.