Wattpad Original
There are 3 more free parts

Chapter 3 - Dream

Anna May

Gasping for air, my eyes flew open in alarm. Immediately, I knew I wasn't home. Gone was the wooden walls of my grandma's cabin and in its place were white walls that were so high that they seemed to touch the sky; sheer white and gold curtains hung from the royal bed canopy I was sleeping on also. The silk white sheets were so soft and felt like I was floating on clouds. The bedroom gave off a soft, clean, Mediterranean ambiance. A gold classic European chandelier hung in the middle of the large room. I shifted to look at the other side. There were many doors, and I could only assume that one of them led outside the bedroom.

Finally realizing that I was wearing something other than my old pajamas, I glanced down at my body. My body was barely covered. The only thing that was covered on my upper body was my breasts, and they were wrapped securely several times in an intricately designed gold silk wrap to keep them in place. A gold turquoise pin pinned the top together.

My pajama shorts were gone, and its place was a soft, one-layer chiffon gold skirt. The only thing protecting my goods was a gold, silk underwear piece beneath that. I felt heaviness on my wrists and so I lifted my hands up to glance at them. They were riddled with pure gold bracelets fashioned into dragons.

Swallowing the uncertain lump in my throat, I slowly got out of bed. My bare feet touched a warm, plush, oval white rug. This could only be a dream. I have never seen anything as beautiful or as regal as this room. I looked up from staring at my feet to find my reflection in a large gold vanity mirror.

I stopped breathing.

I looked so different, dressed in this beautiful outfit. On my arm was a gold band, again, with a dragon curling around it and going upwards. My long black hair was a startling contrast to all the gold colors on my dress. On top of my head was a gold bohemian and Arabian headpiece.

The double door directly across from the bed swung open, and a young girl entered the room. She was dressed in simpler fashion and less jewelry. She wore a simple gold gown and a gold chest wrap, like mine. She gave me a warm smile when she walked in and saw that I was awake. In her hands, she carried a tray of food.

"You're awake." She smiled as she walked over and sat the tray of food on a gold and glass coffee table.

"Where am I?" I asked.

"You must be hungry." She avoided my question and gestured for me to sit down on a nearby seat.

This couldn't be real. I must be dreaming, and if I was dreaming, then it wouldn't hurt for me to eat and enjoy it while it lasted. I walked over and sat down on the velvet white couch. Opening the lid, I grinned when I noticed that it was chicken porridge.

I seasoned it with a little bit of black pepper before digging in. I didn't realize how ravenous I was until I downed the whole bowl. I almost considered licking the bowl clean but hesitated when I noticed that the girl didn't leave. She was staring at me.

Sighing, I stood up and walked around the room again before turning to look at her. This was a nice dream. It was the first where I woke up in a room fit for a princess.

"So, can I look around?" I asked the girl.

"No, I am under strict orders that you are to remain in your room," the girl replied.

"Nonsense!" I waved her off and hurried to the double doors that she came through.

"Milady! You cannot go out there!" She hurried over and plastered herself on the double doors to stop me from escaping.

I wasn't going to waste my time sitting in here. Soon, I would be awake, and I knew I would be upset if I didn't even get to explore just a little bit of this place.