"It's not inside you, so don't panic yet, Chryonex," Zarcar notices my hesitation but calms me with his short reassurance. I shrug and murmur something incomprehensible.

I simply focus on Zarcar's hands, running along my right arm, as one palm of his cups the water and brings it up to drip along my collar bone and down my chest.

"You are so smooth I almost imagine you are performing some kind of ritual, do you do anything else but control the weather and... keep demons as pets?" I inquire, casually, but as the question blurts out into the open, my heart beats faster with a sudden desire to ask more, "How come you are permitted control of magic but not I? I have the same pull on power as you. I am a woman, yes. But so what – does that mean you expect me to completely detach myself from magic? It's not possible-"

"...I was going to get to that next," Zarcar's hands grab both my shoulders as he seems to steady himself, pausing before he explains, "Your connection to magic is natural. We do not deny that. You harnessing such power is forbidden because women don't have minds for war. Men, like me, leading men – we are strict with our magic and don't waste it on the wiles of civilians. Love spells, small curses... are all pointless... war is always hanging upon us and magic is too rare to waste. In plainer words, sweetheart, you are forbidden from harnessing the moon, as I need you fully charged before I make love to you... it's for the protection of this city."

"What a joke," I splutter it out and pull forward, suddenly losing my calm nerve. As I pull forward as much as I can, I swivel around half way to glare at Zarcar in the bath with me. I ignore his naked body to hold his gaze defiantly, "You know nothing of war," I don't even understand where the words come from, but I say them like it's my first instinct.

Zarcar's eyes narrow at my blushing face – blushing in embarrassment and anger.

"What did you just say?" he asks.

"Does it matter?" I snap, "I wish to go to bed – bathe yourself if you will. Just be careful not to fall asleep while I'm still awake. I might take your bones for my petty and useless curses," I just say the first thing that pops out of my mouth as I stand up shamelessly. I jump out of the bath and storm my way to the wardrobe. I pull out my draw and take out a transparent night gown.

I put it on the bed and pick up a throw blanket folded near the pillows, to dry myself off. Then, I put on the transparent crimson gown and pull down the covers on the bed. I grab one extra pillow and put it in the middle.

"A middle line to protect my virginity tonight," I whisper, irate.

"If I didn't find that so utterly hilarious, I'd probably be spanking you for being so disrespectful of the power imbalance. You should be offering yourself freely to me for sparing you," Zarcar's words provoke me into turning and meeting his gaze.

He is washing himself, finishing up, while he gazes at me... completely relaxed. As if he is the king of this chamber.

"Excuse me, my dearest Master," I murmur, "Did you just suggest I should be offering myself freely to you?"

"I expected you to, but I would never force you. Most priestesses succumb to my wiles a lot quicker. Perhaps I was more cold with them... and therefore more unattainable."

"Are you now also suggesting, that you are being warm with me?" I ask, raising a brow, "So you are in love with me."

"My kind don't know if we love a woman until we taste her," Zarcar mentions, "Not the lips on your kind face, Chyronex... the lips below. If you would allow me –"

"If you even attempt to... you will not wake up with eyes tomorrow, warlord," I try to avoid yelling, "Goodnight," I decide to end the conversation there, pulling the blankets over me and laying on my side with my arms out of the folds. I bring one pillow down and hold it as I rest on it, to calm my internal fire.