Reunion Part 2

My writing

*30 minutes after the events of Reunion*

Katherina stood in the doorway of her small apartment building. It was nothing too luxurious as she couldn't afford much. A small living area with a kitchen and a bedroom connected to a rather tiny bathroom. Her eyes drifted over the scattered remains of book. She sighed heavily and raised her wand from the inside of her coat sleeve.

"Locomotor." The books began to arrange themselves back into piles at her will, nearly stacking on top of each other in perfect order. She heard tiny squeaks and knew that Treekey must be watching her.

"Staring again, are we?" Approving squeals. "Guess who I saw today?" Questioning. "Newton Artemis Fido Scamander. I'm sure you don't remember him that well." Treekey did in fact remember him. Various, shrill noises erupted from the small being as she almost stomped off the edge of the couch. She scampered to the notepad that Katherina left out for her at all times and began scrambling furiously with the pencil (it had been broken in half to make it easier for her to use).

He is a butt

Katherina suddenly became defensive. "He is not a butt and that's a rude thing to say about someone."

He never spoke to you again

"And you never speak at all."

She could barely make out Treekey's features but she knew the look was one of distaste.

I quite literally cannot speak. Check your facts

She set down the pencil and motioned at Katherina. It took her a minute to realize that she wanted an explanation of how the meeting went down.

"He didn't remember me at first-" Squeak. "-then he said some stuff about remembering people you're fond of-" More squealing. "-a bunch of nonsense if you ask me. I can't believe I missed him." The two nodded at each other in agreement.

A jerk.

~~~~~Time skip brought to you by Jacob's baked goods~~~~~

It was approximately five days later that she saw him again (not that she was counting because she did not, by any means, care if she saw him). He was wandering around with a little Bowtruckle, much like Treekey, and a case. Such an odd man he had turned out to be, yet she still felt the tug in her stomach when she saw him and the pain in her chest doubled-no, quadrupled- in intensity.

"Newt?" He flipped his head to the side.

"Ree! I thought I wouldn't see you again." His head dipped shyly, like it used to. She felt a slight tug at her lips when their eyes connected, but ultimately forced it away.

"I wanted to apologize for leaving so rudely the other day. I really didn't mean-Treekey!" The small creature leapt from her pocket with little to no grace and landed on Newt's foot with a small plunk. It was obvious she was enraged by the noises she emitted, though it was easiest to tell from the pencil she tried jabbing into his shoe. When it failed to puncture the leather, she began beating at it as if the pencil were a club and the shoe became victim to severe bruising. She let out a final war cry and threw the pencil down, balling up her tiny leaves and jumping around in a craze.

"Is that-what-Treekey? May I help you?"

Treekey, the rage-filled, lunatic Bowtruckle, sulked back to where Katherina stood and climbed her leg. She glared at Newt all the while.

"I feel like I should apologize but I'm not entirely sure what I'm apologizing for." It was Katherina who spoke next.

"I accept your apology, though I too am a little confused on what I just experienced." He glanced at the Bowtruckle on his shoulder. "This one tends to be a handful as well."

Katherina raised an eyebrow. "A discussion for a different time perhaps. It sure would be nice to catch up with you." Her gaze fell down. "You never even wrote."

Jerk.