Chapter 4: Delinquent Thoughts

Start from the beginning

"Is Manik already at the location?" I asked Vibha.

"Actually, it's just us girls for now! I guess Manik only has to come for shoot in the evening...there's probably an event planned, or something..."

Great! That was just great!

He got to sleep while we had to shoot! It wasn't fair!

"Right!" I exclaimed.

"Wow! He really seems to push your buttons in the wrong way! Anyway, I forgot to ask, how was your stroll last night? You just disappeared...did something happen?" She asked.

I immediately tensed at her question! Obviously, I couldn't reveal that I'd been eavesdropping on Manik and Alya's private conversation!

"Oh nothing, I was just wandering around exploring the area..." I lied.

"Oh..." She said, but she didn't sound convinced.

It took us two minutes to reach the garden. As soon as we reached, the director yelled at all the girls to breakup their discussions and arrange themselves into a line.

Soon after, the cameras started rolling, and Raghav joined us.

"So girls, welcome to day two of 'The Bachelor'!-powered by Veet!"

His statement was immediately met by applause from all the girls.

"So, I presume you girls had a good sleep last night? Is the villa comfortable?" He asked.

All the girls immediately hooted and answered in the affirmative!

Was I the only one who thought that the living arrangements were unfair?!

"That's great...so here's what we have planned for you today! We are going to be making videos of you all! Yes! Videos in which you'll introduce yourselves and give us an insight into your life-so that Manik as well as the audience will understand you better! So, are you girls excited?"

"Yes!" Came the response in unison, as they used a dolly shot to focus on us.

"That's great! So let's get started, but before we do, know this-that if Manik likes your video, then you have a high chance of scoring a solo dance with him in tonight's ball...as well as saving yourself from elimination! So make sure it's impressive! All the best!"

"Cut!" The director yelled, as soon as Raghav stopped talking.

"Girls, you'll called one by one, privately in order to record your own video, so wait your turn until the A.Ds call you!" The director said.

All of us nodded and then scattered into various groups yet again.

I didn't exactly have the best feeling about recording such a video...how much did I really want to reveal about myself on national television? Although I had a loving aunt and uncle, speaking of my parents' death always brought back painful memories...

"First up, is Vibha!" One of A.Ds yelled.

Vibha promptly followed the director's instructions and made her way to a marquee a few feet away from us.

When I was pondering upon, what to say on camera, I heard a voice say. "Nandini..."

I looked up and saw Alya before me. I was a little surprised that she had addressed me! Especially after her rude remark last night!

"Alya?" I asked questioningly, getting a good look at her. She might have been a mess the previous night, but she looked as fresh as a daisy this morning!

"Hi. I just wanted to apologise...I'm sorry for my rude behaviour last night! You were just being nice, and I blasted off on you due to my own frustration! The thing is I thought you realized that I had..." She trailed off.