Chapter 27

"When we went shopping the night you were locked out of your room, Da Qing followed us to make sure I wasn't going to beat you up or anything like that. He said we looked like a married couple."

"Oh." Shen Wei's blush said it all.

Outside the S.I.D. office, both men assured each other that they would act as they always did while in front of others. Zhao Yunlan was always hanging on Shen Wei anyway, so it was not like they could not touch each other at all, but as Da Qing had told Zhao Yunlan, no flirting. Little did Da Qing know how true that request would turn out to be.

"Game face, on!" both pumped their fists before they walked through the doors.

Inside, the rest of the S.I.D. sat at their desks, and it looked like any other day, except that there was nothing to do. Although the general mood was relaxed, it was also uneasy as everyone knew they would have to discuss The Question today - what would they do from now?

Zhao Yunlan motioned all to gather around the table, and he and Shen Wei sat at opposite sides of the couch as they always did.

"I hope everyone had a good day off," Zhao Yunlan smiled.

Murmurs of "yeah," "sort of," "slept a lot," "had a hangover," and others were heard around the room.

"Okay, I guess we can't avoid the subject anymore, can we?" Zhao Yunlan sat up.

"We know your father does not have any reason to continue to fund the S.I.D. anymore. Now that we have justice for our loved ones, we should now live for ourselves," Little Guo started.

"But we want to stay together!" Wang Zheng was already tearing up.

"Shen Wei, you gave me peace. I will follow you!" Brother Chu stood up.

"I like doing herbs. Can't we continue the Snake and Mongoose?" Zhu Hong asked.

"I'm fast and have a good sense of direction. I can run errands and do deliveries," Da Qing quipped up.

"Chief Zhao, you were the first to appreciate me, even though I stutter like a fool," Sang Zan spoke up.

"If I can have a little capital, I can start up Saiyan Systems under a different name and make some money?" Lin Jing said in a small voice.

"I can write more investigative reports and expose more crooks," Little Guo added.

Zhao Yunlan and Shen Wei looked at each other and smiled, seeing how everyone did not want to go their separate ways after all. And then there was a spark of love in that glance that reaffirmed that maybe they also could be together as well.

Da Qing, being the most observant, jumped on the table in front of them.

"Chief Zhao, didn't I tell you this before? Can you not flirt so much in front of us?"

"Chief Zhao, didn't I tell you this before?  Can you not flirt so much in front of us?"