Chapter- 5. I'll miss you!

Start from the beginning

I followed him to elevator and we entered his cabin together. After settling in our respective chairs I gave him a box of sweets.

"Hmm wedding sweets right?" He rubbed his palm together in excitement seeing sweets,"Congratulations Adi

"Hmm wedding sweets right?" He rubbed his palm together in excitement seeing sweets,"Congratulations Adi. Wish you a very long and blissful married life." He grinned ear to ear seeing laddo, his favorite sweet.

"I will not say I was not shocked when I received your message about resignation but at least it helped me to not freak out when HR head passed me your mail regarding this." He complained still in cheerful tone.

I didn't know what to say. It felt like I have done some crime resigning without any notice.
"I'm sorry Sir." This only I managed to say.

"Don't be Dear. I know its not about our company. Its about you only. If it would have been us then I'm sure till now I had to repair my cabin door due to ur bang when you would have came to to discuss this." He smiled and I chuckled now when I came to think of the way of opening the door by me on any uncommon news.

"I want to focus on my marital life for now Sir. I'm shifting to Chennai. Its not like I'm giving up on my career but a long break we can say." My voice getting weaker with each passing moment.

"Then why this poker face? Wonder how the gateman recognized you. Our Adi is not like this. Its break dear. Second innings is there for us." He said in his ever positivity dripping words.

"I'm afraid sir. Break at this stage and this long too will definitely block the path of second innings." I voiced out my doubt.

"Have you scanned your thumb prints on entry gate?"

"Huh?" I looked at him confused at this sudden irrelevant question.

"I need to scan your thumb prints. I'm sure that not my Adita." I tried to find any humor in his voice but got none this time. Seeing my silent response he continued,"Seriously you are saying this? A crazy who only knows how to jump and then remember we have to swim also."

"You have seen more days than me sir. Will there be any chance for a fish out of water tomorrow?" I voiced out my biggest fear which was nagging me since I took this decision.

"Ask yourself. I can only say we cannot stand in the same water of river. Change is inevitable. You have to go with the flow. Survival in the competition depends on you only." This is the words may be I wanted to listen.

"Thank you so much Sir. Thanks a bunch! You don't know what your words has done to me. That's exact what I wanted."

"Don't thank me, girl.Pity on your self. Tomorrow you may find your career again. You will find a nice corporate or may start-up but you are loosing a very precious thing in this haste decision." He said in same tone but I didn't miss the mischievous twinkle in his orbs.

On my furrowed expression he took out a pen refill from drawer. I rolled my eyes and he laughed out loudly making me join too.

In our company every Saturday HR department conduct a meeting in which everyone has to report their task. After meeting we all has to participate in games in which winner used to get the prize and who has not completed their weekly target has to bring the prize to reward the winners. A pen. But not any ordinary pen.
Winner used to get refill of the pen and runner up used to get barrel of pen while second runner up has to be satisfied with pen's cap only. I bet its the only place where such weird award has been distributed but the enthusiasm made it more special.