10.2 A Song To Your Heart

Start from the beginning

Yes, like an asymptote. A mathematical figure that is said to be close but will never meet. They are only to see each other and nothing else.

"Why do you say that? You gave up? That person gave up?" Zhen asked.

"We are both cowards," Lang Yuan scoffed.

"Hmmm? Why?"

"Because I don't have the courage to say my true feelings knowing that at the end we will be separated," Lang Yuan's eyes started to moist. Zhen gently wiped off that single tear that fell down, his heart clenching in anger. Lang Yuan did not slap his hand away and only forced a sad smile.

"I thought you are a fighter," Zhen tried to lighten the mood. "Then why did you not fight?"

"How can I? That person never intended to say it too, afraid, that I will be left alone."

"Left alone? What do you mean?"

His senses say that there is something wrong about it. What does he mean by that? Zhen wanted to ask more but Lang Yuan did not reply after that. They stayed silent for quite a time. Lang Yuan played another music again but this time it was filled with sadness. Just by hearing it, one can see a story of two people that ended with a tragic love. Zhen listened, letting the youth to sing his sorrow.

This fragile being... he will do everything to keep him safe. As promised, he will protect him no matter what.

After a while, small steps from the hall can be heard. A furious Zhong Song walked briskly as he strode off towards the gazebo. An alarming news came after another making his head ache. JiDan is beside him, knowing that his uncle is in a bad mood, did not dare to act naughtily, and followed faster. And it seems that his uncle's nerve would pop up the moment they saw Lang Yuan together with a stranger wearing a black mask.

"You!" Zhong Song paled after seeing the two figures close. He sheathed his sword to attack the black masked man as he flies in the air. Zhen noticed the danger and quickly stood up to stop the blade.

Lang Yuan was pushed to the side by Zhen as Zhong Song started attacking dangerously. Ah, this little brother of his is really aggressive. JiDan only watched the two exchange some moves as he strode towards his mother to help him stand up. Well, JiDan know who is the person behind the black masked man so he needs not to worry.

"Who are you? How did you managed to enter the palace," Zhong Song asked, pointing the blade to Zhen. He knows about that black masked man who almost kidnapped Lang Yuan. He thought that Yu XueQin wounded this man. Why is he here again?

"Aiya, don't be so harsh brother-"

Before Zhen could finish his speech, Zhong Song stabbed the sword forward. Zhen leisurely evaded the attack by just bending his body backwards. He used a hand gesture to flip the sword away from his body.

"Who is your brother, your mother?" Zhong Song cursed.

Zhen just raised his hand casually and hopped up to the railings of the gazebo. He turned his head to look at Lang Yuan and winked.

"Let's meet again," Zhen said.

Zhong Song, of course, will never let anyone touch his sister-in-law so he attacked again. Zhen casually evaded it as the black masked man leaped out towards the water surprising the boat riders. He used the boat as a stepping momentum before leaping out again. Zhong Song seems to chase.

"Uncle!" JiDan quickly called out. "Mother!"

Zhong faced his nephew. Lang Yuan is still sitting on the floor while being supported by JiDan. Seeing that these two might be in danger if he will continue the chase, so he decided to draw back in his sword and walked towards the two. He helped Lang Yuan to stand up.

"Who is that person?" Zhong Song asked. He had seen Lang Yuan with this black masked man twice.

"Zhen," Lang Yuan remembered the name the black masked man said to him.

"Zhen?" Zhong Song shook his head. "Nevermind his name. You should not talk with strangers like that. Call the guards if he comes again."

"Mnn." Lang Yuan nodded, but he doubted that the guards could catch Zhen.

"Good, for now, let's come inside. There are a lot of things to discuss. Something happened," Zhong Song said.

"What do you mean?" Lang Yuan noticed that Zhong Song is unusually irritated. He took JiDan's hand when the little dragon followed from behind.

"I will tell you inside. The emperor will tell you everything."

Zhong Song headed out first. Lang Yuan watched the back of the scholar then to JiDan. The little dragon only nodded saying that something should be done quickly. Lang Yuan did not ask anymore and followed. After all, he will know it eventually.

___________________________________________

Yay! I updated. Another chapter later 👍😂😂