Chapter 15: "Twilight...I am a vampire"

Start from the beginning

Twilight didn't feel the pull of the bike going forward this time. She, in fact, enjoyed the ride. She leaned into Sunset, allowing herself to rest her head in Sunset's back.

Sunset's breathing quicken as she felt Twilight lean in her. She felt a little lightheaded because she was breathing quick. Luckily, they arrived at her house just in time.

Sunset parked her bike in its usual spot. Turning the engine off, she rested her head on the handlebars. She had to get her breathing under control before she removed her helmet. She didn't want Twilight to see the real her just yet.

"Y-you okay, Sunset?" asked Twilight, slowly approaching Sunset.

Sunset removed her helmet. Her hair once again falling back down.

"Yeah. I am okay, Twi," replied Sunset.

Twilight nodded. She unhooked her sleeping bag from Sunset's bike.

"Where should I put my stuff, Sunset?" asked Twilight.

Sunset put her helmet down.

"Follow me, Twi. This house is much bigger than it looks," said Sunset.

Twilight followed Sunset as she was led through a maze of hallways and staircases. She and Sunset pasted by several padlocked rooms.

"Sunset, why are those rooms padlocked?" asked Twilight.

Sunset stopped walking. She turned to look at Twilight.

"They are padlocked for a reason. A reason which I'll explain later, okay?" replied Sunset.

Twilight could hear Sunset's anger in her voice. She felt her body go numb. She continued to follow Sunset until they were in front a brightly painted door.

"This is my room. You can put your bags by the dresser if you want," said Sunset, opening the door.

Twilight sat her bags down by Sunset's dresser. She noticed that the walls were painted a fiery red.

"She must really like those colors." thought Twilight.

Sunset went to her closet. She found her movie tower. She turned to Twilight, asking, "Hey, Twi, what movie would you like to see? Romance or horror?"

Twilight didn't really like horror movies. She hated watching something that was meant to scare her.

"I choose romance," replied Twilight.

Sunset nodded. She picked out a romance film. She handed it to Twilight.

"This a good one?" asked Sunset.

Twilight nodded, saying, "Yes. I love this one. I am surprised you do too."

Sunset laughed. "Well, I do like a romantic film from time to time, Twi," said Sunset.

"I-I didn't mean to say that you only preferred horror movies. I just was amazed that someone like you seems to really enjoy romantic films," said Twilight.

Sunset walked over to Twilight. She placed her hand on Twilight's shoulder.

"It's fine, Twilight. Really. I am used to that." said Sunset, trying to comfort Twilight.

Twilight looked at Sunset. She saw that Sunset's eyes were red around the edges. She looked down, saying, "Oh, okay. I am glad you weren't offended."

Sunset smiled. She grabbed the movie and got up. "Now, let's make some popcorn and watch this film," said Sunset.

Twilight agreed. She followed Sunset to the living room. She watched Sunset go to the kitchen which was separated from the living room with a single wall. Though the wall had a window so she could see Sunset.