Second Life

Second Life

Last night, I got shot 4 times by my uncle for some unknown reasons. It was painful, but I managed to bear all the pain.

As I was prompting myself to stay alive, I thought of the world I was going to leave if I was to die. Then my family came into picture in my mind while struggling to stay alive. I saw my brother, my Dad, and my Mom. When I saw them, I suddenly had this urge to please stay alive. I told myself, they worked hard for me to study in the Pontifical and Royal University of the Philippines, and even got me into a dorm even if naghihirap na kami. I suddenly got emotional, and this kept me alive. I still have to pay my respects and thanks to my parents, help my brother with his career in life, and make this world a better place to live in.

I realized how lucky I am to have them as God's blessings for me. After then, I got stronger, and prompted myself to stand up and face the pain. My uncle is nowhere to be seen in the crime scene anymore, but I then saw the greatest treasure I have in my life-my family. They saw me, got worried sick about me. I told them what happened. But with the pain I felt, I'm happy-no, I am joyful to the Lord for giving me my life back.

After then, nagising ako.

All those realizations in that dream, I still remember very clearly. And even though my parents are separated, even if life is cruel to us, even if storms keep blowing us from where we are standing, atleast my family still serve as the greatest inspiration in my life. And of course, God as well too.

Anong connect ng UST dito? Well, UST made me whole again after my rebellious years in Elementary and Highschool. In short, UST made me WHOLE again. For that, I thank you UST, for being the 2nd home to me.

P.S. Though it's only a dream, I think binabangungot talaga ako. I forgot this part of the story above, so dito ko nalang sasabihin. I actually was given 2 choices: 1. To sleep forever after I got shot 4 times; & 2. To wake up, and face the pain. I suddenly remembered my family, most especially my Mom for all her hardworks, so I chose to live though I was sure I was going to close my eyes then.

After that, the story continues. So this may seem weird since it's only a dream, but I thank the Lord for giving me a second chance in life.

Almost-Angel of God
2012, College of Commerce and Business Administration