Part 28

Aang's POV:

The man rushed back into the room, instinctively kneeling beside Katara's seemingly lifeless body. Placing a hand on her clammy forehead he whispered, "I'm coming to get you..."

Zuko shot up from his position, eyes locked onto him, "Can you save her, Aang?"

"I-I can try..."

A million ideas flooded his head all focused around his main concern, he needed to get into the Avatar State and quickly. He was still young and nowhere near mastering the act, he knew of only two ways to be put in that zone. He was far too stressed to meditate, time was ticking fast and he didn't know how much longer he truly had. Suddenly the only possible solution came to mind, turning to Zuko he pleaded.

"Zuko... I need you to get me mad."

"What? This isn't really the time for-"

"If I can't get into the Avatar State she's going to die!"

Those words clearly left Zuko speechless, his weakened body sliding down against the wall onto the floor. Staring out with a blank expression he finally nodded in agreement with his odd request.

Zuko fighting back tears it was clear what had to be done. Putting aside his newly founded keep the peace mentality he stood from his position slow steps approaching the younger boy. Pushing Aang with full force he started to yell, "So what are you going to do just stand here like an idiot? Avatar my ass! You can't even get into the Avatar State by yourself, are you that stupid!? You couldn't even kill my deadbeat father! You're just a kid, you can't help anyone but yourself! Oh and now you're just going to stand here and let my wife- let your friend die? You're fucking useless!"

He could feel the familiar feeling building up inside of him. Within seconds it was clear the plan worked - eyes began to glow an icy white beam followed by the many tattoos adorning his pale body.

After a few moments he was able to control his actions, opening his eyes to see a large flower filled garden, an area of the Spirit World he had never visited. Picking himself up from the ground he looked around, nothing in sight. Where could she be? Roaming the area he started to call out, "Katara?" Silence spread throughout the plane before a scream was heard in the distance. With eyes peeled he darted towards the source, the brunette soon seen kneeling on the ground. Her eyes lit up when she saw him, as did his. He ran to her side, helping her off of the ground.

"A-Aang? How long have I been here?"

"Only a few hours..."

"It's felt much longer..."

"This world can alter the course of time, it always feels like you're here much longer than you have been. How did you find your way here? Did you know I was coming?"

"Sort of... I've had a little help along the way..."

"Alright, we need to get you back and quickly. Hold my hand, you trust me don't you?"

"I do..."

Katara's POV:

Holding onto Aang's hand she closed her eyes, a bright light surrounding them. When she reopened her eyes they were both in a familiar room - the bedroom she shared with her husband. She motioned her way over to Zuko's side, reaching out to touch him but he efforts ended in disappointment. Turning to Aang with fear he pointed to her body along with his own and explained, "He doesn't know you're here yet... You need to find a way back into your body. Times running out, hurry."

Aang returned into his body, awakening amidst chaos. Zuko began shaking Katara's cold body, her complexion now ghostly white. Her pulse was faint, all in the room panicking. She could only watch the scene, tears streaming down her face. Am I too late?

Nearly ready to give up she remembered the healing waters in her satchel. Bending the water out of the bottle she formed a healing barrier around her body, using every ounce of her willpower and experience into the healing. Please work... After agonizing moments passed by her body's complexion returned to its normal state, pulse returning as a result. Placing a hand on her body's forehead, she closed her eyes and focused.

"Katara, are you there?"

She reopened her eyes, thrilled to see she had returned to her own body, surrounded by cheering loved ones. Zuko wrapped his arms tightly around her body, placing small kisses all over her face. Giggling she teased, "You weren't going to get rid of me that easy-"

Eager eyes scanning the room, she focused on Aang offering a smile, "Thank you for saving me-"

"I would have never known what to do if it weren't for Sokka..."

Sokka. She remembered everything now. In her eyes he redeamed himself. Sitting up from the bed she tried to sneak out, multiple people pleading for her to rest.

"I'm fine now, I want to see my brother."