Part 5

Katara's POV:

The night went by quickly , Katara waking in the morning to a loud pounding at her door. A little shaken , she moaned out , "What? It's not even 7..."

She stood up and made her way to the door , a frightened Zuko standing before her , "Grab my hand and come with me , NOW!" He grabbed her tightly , dragging her behind him as he ran through the halls . They paused at the balcony , she found herself in complete shock . Before them stood thousands of Water Tribe soldiers , coming directly for the palace . "W-What's happening?!?"

"We're being attacked ... They sent so many more than we would have ever been able to prepare for ... We need to get to the roof so we can get the hell out of here ."

A loud explosion was heard , causing the two to fall back onto the floor . He held her head against his chest tightly , his heart racing. Loud footsteps were heard running up the stairs as a group of fire nation soldiers charged their way downstairs .

"K-Katara... They breached the walls ... "

Zuko grabbed her hand tightly once more , leading her up flights of stairs . She was terrified - Not even able to imagine what could of caused such a sudden attack . After what seemed like hours they finally reached the roof. Cries were heard from all around as the palace seemed to be crumbling before them. Iroh and multiple generals soon joined them, close eyes on Zuko.

An air ship was seen in the distance , trying to make its way to the roof to evacuate. Katara gripped onto Zuko as a loud rumbling sound approached . She gasped out , only able to point her finger forward as a huge wave of water was seen heading directly their way . She cried out , holding her hands out in front of her trying to use every once of strength to divert it away. Katara was able to divert the wave slightly , falling onto the floor , a feeling of weakness overwhelming her .

Zuko helped her up, kissing her forehead as if to say 'We'll be okay'.

A loud crash was heard as multiple Water Tribe soldiers made their way onto the roof . They were outnumbered and Katara could no longer decipher which side of this she was on. Suddenly one masked soldier charged towards them, his eyes set on Katara. Sword in hand the man lunges at her - Zuko quickly firing flames his way. The soldier collapsed onto the floor , Iroh rushing Zuko onto the ship as a second masked soldier pulled Katara back , so weak from her efforts she collapsed as well , hearing Zuko's faint screams her way. Suddenly , everything went black.