Part 19

Sokka's POV:

Briefly after escaping from the Fire Nation's capture, the young man fled from his nation. With very few places to hide he reluctantly chose Kyoshi Island, fully aware the Earth Kingdom had become his enemy's ally. He was able to quickly locate Suki, nearly begging her to take him in. Hesitantly she agreed, letting him seek refuge in a small cabin on the island. Days passed by and Sokka began to let his guard down. Feeling as if he were invincible he decided to return to the Southern Water Tribe, trusting in Suki to keep the secrecy.

Traveling by boat it was only a few hours before reaching shore. Instantly he was greeted by soldiers, quickly escorted into their quarters. Welcomed back with open arms they briefed him on the full damage report from the recent attack, and the fact that his father had been captured. Meeting with the nations general, they advised him it would be too soon to act on another attack against the enemy nation. Reluctantly he agreed, knowing another option would be necessary. Sokka cleared his throat before speaking up, "I want spies undercover in the royal city, acting as normal citizens. I want them to be sent in with no means of violence, this will only be a mission to collect crucial information to return back here with."

The General nodded before quickly exiting. Sokka most of all wanted to be sure his father was safe. He didn't want to lose another parent to the Fire Nation's wrath. He also wanted dirt to convince his allies it was time to take action and most importantly take the nation and their land in for their use. With his father missing and his sister now the enemy, his anger only fueled more so. He could admit he was already tired of fighting, but he would never accept defeat. His beliefs and ultimate goal was strong and he refused to give up on that.

Quickly the General was able to recruit three teenage volunteers for the task including two males and one female. All three although young were uniquely experienced in bending, military tactics, and how to remain undetected. Intricately disguised in modern Fire Nation robes and accessories Sokka would brief them one last time before being shipped out by sunrise. Still weary from travel Sokka approached the small group, standing tall and proud.

"I want to start by thanking all three of you brave young adults for volunteering to be apart of such an important mission. Your goal is to enter the royal city as any normal citizen. The key is not to stand out, you should interact with the other citizens and make no hints at you being an outsider. Keep an eye on the palace from a distance and make an effort to attend any important press conferences, gatherings, or announcements. You will remain in the city until all three of you agree you have received enough vital information to return. I wish you all luck and hope you will be able to find what we're looking for."

Flashing them a reassuring smile they were escorted out of the room, sent to rest before their departure.

Confident as ever he chose to take a step down for the next few days, dedicating the time to resting for what might lie ahead. Already with two self proclaimed victories he was fully convinced a single additional attack would be all that was needed to convince the enemy to surrender.

By sunrise the three teens set off on their journey, their first experience traveling to unknown territory. Young and determined their mission was clear. Only time would tell just what kind of information they would gather. Confused about what Sokka was trying to find, they could only hope they would return and make their nation proud of their efforts.