Part 11

Zuko's POV:

The three raced out of the building, sprinting back to the boat as fast as they could. Surprisingly, no soldiers followed. Once at the boat, the three sighed with relief. Toph raised her arms out, bear hugging both Zuko and Katara.

"We got her Sparky! We really did it!"

Zuko awkwardly slipped away, Katara holding the younger girl a bit longer. She finally let go, making her way over to him. Her eyes lit up, a sweet smile forming. Wrapping her arms around him, his face went red. Her face pressed into his chest she murmured,

"I know I told you not to, but thank you for saving me. I don't know how much longer I would of spent in there..."

Zuko leaned down, placing a kiss on her head.

"Don't mention it, I would have never left you there."

They broke away from each other , Aang flying their way in the distance. Landing down on the snow with a soft thud, he shot them all a smile, "Good work team! I'm glad we all got out of there when we did, they're all on edge now but they didn't suspect a thing on my end."

After a short period of catching up, Toph decided to leave with Aang back to Ba Sing Se to meet with the order of the White Lotus once more, leaving Katara and himself behind.

Zuko jumped into the boat, holding his hand out to help the brunette in. Once both in they pushed off from shore, speeding away. He had not fully decided where to take her just yet. He had to still remember he was wanted by many just as much as her, even more-so.  Katara rested her head against his soldier, soon drifting off into sleep. Stroking his fingers through her hair, he chose to keep himself up to look out for anything. Still not fully sure it was safe to return to his nation, he decided regardless he would have to return at some point. With a long journey ahead he held Katara in his arms, knowing she needed the rest.

Zuko was thrilled to have Katara back. This was everything he wanted and more. He wanted to enjoy this moment fully and spend as much time with her as possible. However, he knew the times were changing and they all had a painstaking battle ahead of them.

A/N: Alright everyone! Next chapter we'll be looking into the long history between the Fire Nation and both Water Tribes along with Sokka's point of view of everything!