Part 6

Zuko's POV:

Zuko's gaze focused out of the ships window , tears rolling down his cheeks as he could only watch as Katara was pulled away by the soldiers. He felt truly defeated . Not only did he fail his nation , but he also failed Katara. He could not stop himself from staring out even as the ship moved farther away . After an hour or so Iroh finally gained the courage to approach him .

"Zuko... there is nothing else you could have done ... I hope you understand that..."

His uncles words only angered him more , "If you didn't pull me away I could have saved her! For all I know they could have killed her by now!"

Knowing it would not help the situation, Iroh still pestered , "They will not kill her , she's too important to them... but she might be held prisoner..."

Zuko finally turned to his uncle , "As firelord I order you all to set trail to the Earth Kingdom, and that is final."

Zuko stormed off to his chambers , slamming the door shut behind him. Taking a seat at the edge of the bed , he let out a long sigh. This was only the beginning of the battle and he knew he had to act quickly now. His top priority was to save Katara, but first he did need to gather some help.

He was certain that if he could locate Toph and explain the situation to her , she had to help him rescue her . Until then he could only step down and gather as much information as he could from his intel team.

Katara's POV:

After what seemed like days , Katara managed her eyes open, her head pounding and vision blurred. She tried to stand but found herself handcuffed to a hospital bed . Before her laid a soldier , head turned away with bandages covering his arm. Still very disoriented , she forced out , "H-Help..."

The soldier quickly turned over , revealing himself to be Sokka. Anger fueling his words he screamed out , "You should have never gone there ... Why would you do such a thing ..."

"S-Sokka ... Zuko is our friend I was trying to help the situation before things got to this point!"

"He might be a friend of yours but he will never be a friend of mine , or even an ally . Our nation has suffered in silence for too long and now it is our time to shine!" 

She could not believe what he was saying , and chose to suffer in silence rather than to argue. After only a few moments he continued on, "You're a traitor, Katara. Do you see this wound right here? Your friend did this to me, and he's hurt you in the past as well."

Furious, Katara screamed out , "You were masked and trying to kill us all without even speaking a word! You lunged at me Sokka, if he never hit you I would have died , you would of killed your own blood!"

Sokka stood from his bed , before exiting the room he whispered , "This is for your own good now ... You will pay for your crime ..."