07

Small Time Skip
Forks, Washington.
Cullen Residence
Kitchen.

******

Melissa helps Esme cut up vegetable as they cook Italian for Bella. Edward and the human are a thing now, much to Rosalie and Melissa's arguments.

"Is she even Italian?" Rosalie asks with a hint of attitude, the attitude Melissa prefers to keep hers hidden.

"Her name is Bella." Emmett comments.

The strong aroma hits Melissa before she can laugh at Emmett.. "Mm, catch a whiff of that."

"Here comes the human!" Esme sings as she jogs over to where Bella walks through. "Bella, we're making Italiano for you."

"Bella, this is Esme. My mother for all intents and purposes." Edward explains.

"You've given us a reason to use the kitchen for the first time." Carlisle comments from the counter, he is now beside Melissa helping her.

"Hope you're hungry." Esme coos.

"Yeah, absolutely."

Melissa takes the salad bowl from Rosalie, who goes to Carlisle.

"She's already ate." Edward says.

Without realizing how angry she actually is, the bowl shatters in Melissa's hands and the glass lands all around her feet. She steps over the glass and mutters perfect. Emmett puts an arm around her, to attempt calming her down.. Who they need is Jasper.

"It's just.... I know you guys don't eat." Bella pleads, looking concerned as she sees that Melissa's hands are bleeding, this confuses Carlisle.

"Of course." Esme coos. "That's very considerate of you."

"Just ignore Melissa, I do." Edward comments.

"Yeah, let's just keep pretending this isn't dangerous to all of us." Melissa sneers, Emmett pats her shoulder in an attempt to shut her up.... Rosalie, on the other hand, looks proud of her.

"I would never tell anybody." Bella assures her as Mel continues to bleed.

"She knows that." Carlisle says as he looks at Melissa' bloody hands, it smells almost dog like.

"Well, you two have become public now." Emmett says, he has moved back to Rosalie's side.

"Emmett...." Esme says warningly.

"No, she should know." Rosalie speaks up as she steps forward. "The entire family will be implicated if this ends badly."

"As in.... I'd become the meal."

"Melissa, come with me." Carlisle speaks softly. "I wanna run something on you."

The brunette nods and follows Carlisle into the room where he has some hospital supplies. She sits on the bed thing and Carlisle grabs a syringe.

"I smell wolf in your blood, Melissa." Carlisle says as he walks closer and takes her hand. "Mind if I take some blood?"

"As long as I can have some of that Italian food downstairs," Melissa gasps, she wants human food???

Carlisle smiles before he sticks the needle into the crease of her arm.

----

Melissa is in Jasper's room, the two are studying for an upcoming history test. Melissa has a book on wars on her lap, and Jasper has a different one. Someone taps on the door and Carlisle steps in.

"What did her results say?" Jasper asks, becoming a worried uncle.

"She is part wolf, too." Carlisle replies. "She is the very first shapeshifter / vampire hybrid I've every encountered."

Melissa looks up and Carlisle. "Have you called Sam?"

"Yes, he wants to see you tomorrow." Carlisle replies. "He told the elders, too."

Melissa sighs. "Mind if we finish studying, my dearest mate?"

Carlisle smiles at her words and nods, he leaves the two alone.

"Well, I did not expect that." Jasper mumbles as the two close their text books, unable to focus.

"Yeah, neither did I." Melissa replies as she lays her head on her uncle's shoulder. "It's all too much today. Meeting Bella, and finding a hybrid? What's wrong with me? God. I'm freaking starving. For food."

"Wait here."

*---

"Esme, we need some food; actual human food." Jasper says feeling the hunger. "Mel is very hungry."

"Of course she is, Jas." Esme says as she makes a plate with alfredo and a salad. "She hasn't eaten in over a century, literally. Go hunt, I have this."

Esme climbs the stairs with the plate of food and finds Melissa in Jasper's room. Melissa's head whips around at the scent of food, and she flashes in front of her. Esme chuckles lightly and hands her the plate.

"Bon appetite." Esme coos.

"Esme, I love you dearly, but please, for the love of God, don't speak French to me again." Melissa asks as she sits at Jasper's desk with the food. "Too many bad memories. I was forced into this life my a French man."

"I'm sorry, I didn't know your story." Esme coos.

"Have a seat." Melissa says to her mate's beautiful wife. "I have all night."

"Let's go to the kitchen, so I can cook you more food." Esme offers, and Melissa offers.

The two women go into the kitchen and Esme goes to the stove. Melissa sits at the counter top. She eats, and she begins to tell the kind vampire her story. She even tells her the name of the man who changed her, Laurent. A terrible, terrible nomadic vampire. One whom travels without a coven.