03

Tuesday.

Forks High School.

******

"No, Jasper, just..... No." Melissa says with a sigh as Jasper parks the car, Melissa rode with him and Alice to school. "I choose not to reminisce about being forced into immortality. It was a disaster. I lost everything I had ever wanted. I reminisced enough when I told you my story."

"I'm sorry for asking again, Melissa." Jasper says as they get out of his car.

"Hey, who's the new girl?" Melissa asks as she notices Isabella Swan.

"Edward's blood singer." Alice replies as Edward glares over at her. "This will take a while."

"Come on, niece." Jasper winks at the girl. "We have class."

----

"Who are they?' Melissa hears a human asks as Rosalie and Emmett pass the cafeteria doors.

"The Cullen's and Whitlock." Angela Webber replies, Edward informed Melissa of whom they were and that he blocks their minds out.

"They're doctor and Mrs. Cullen's foster kids." Jessica Stanley replies. "They moved down here like, a few years ago from Alaska. The Whitlock moved here yesterday, from Texas."

"They kind of keep to themselves." Angela adds.

"Yeah, 'cause they're all together; like, together~together." Jessica says, and Melissa laughs from behind Jasper and Alice. "The blonde, that's Rosalie. And the big, dark-haired guy, Emmett. They're, like, a thing. I'm not even sure it's legal." She adds as the couple walks by.

"Jess, they're not actually related." Angela says.

"Yeah, but they live together, it's weird." Jessica shutters, Melissa saw her. "And ok, the little dark-haired girl's Alice, she's really weird. And she's with Jasper, the blonde who looks like he's in pain.... And the one with the electric blue eyes, that's Melissa Whitlock. She is the single rider. Beautiful and doesn't talk to anyone besides her family..... Doctor Cullen is like this foster dad slash matchmaker."

"Maybe they'll adopt me." Angela teases.

"Who's he?" Isabella asks, Melissa turns to see Edward walking in gracefully.

"Edward Cullen." Jessica coos dreamily. "Totally gorgeous, obviously. But apparently nobody here is good enough for him. Like I care, ya know?..... Seriously, don't waste your time."

Melissa watches as Bella looks over at a tense Edward and hears her say she wasn't planning on it.

"I want to introduce myself to her." Melissa says as she turns to the Cullen's.

"Not today." Jasper says, he is technically her guardian. "You have to sign the treaty, Carlisle and Esme need you at the boarder after school."

"Oh, you mean my actual mate and his wife?" Melissa scoffs. "Only because I want to show the wolves they CAN trust me, I will do this. It is my responsibility as a vampire."

"Did you have a choice in this life?" Rosalie asks.

"Was I dying? No." Melissa sneers. "I was like every woman in the 1882. I want a husband, a house full of kids, and a house on a farm." A frown forms as she reminisces. "I was strolling through the city of Dallas, I had moved there at he age of eighteen with my mother killed herself,,, We thought uncle Jasper was dead. Well, she did. I never lost hope."

"I'm glad you didn't." Alice coos.

"Me too." Melissa admits. "Anyways, back to my story...." Melissa's grin falters. "I was strolling through Dallas, alone and at night. Which was my mistake, being young beautiful, and without a husband. I ran across a Frenchman, thought he was handsome."

Melissa closes her eyes before continuing. "I won't say his name. He wasn't a human, he had red eyes. Dangerous, crimson eyes. But his accent was enough to make me forget. Until that night." Melissa gulps down the lump in her throat. "He had taken me out to a nice lunch, then he told he what he was. A vampire, passing through Texas. When I tried to run, he bite my arm."

Melissa holds up her wrist and pulls up her sleeve, revealing the scar Laurent left. "He told me if he couldn't have me, nobody could. He took away my life. I couldn't have children. I couldn't live with a human. I could grow old and die like a normal human. All because of that stupid, French vampire."

Emmett looks at the scar. "Well, at least you have a badass scar no human can visualize."

"Emmett." Melissa sighs, but cannot stop herself from bursting out into a fit of laughter. "Always joking around."

"Hey, just trying to lighten the mood."

****

Olympic Coven / Quileute Pack treaty line.

****

Melissa stands between Carlisle and Esme, per Esme's request, as they see three men approaching the line. Harry Clearwater is in the center, Sam Uley and Jared Cameron are with him. Paul is behind them, in wolf form.

"Hello, Carlisle." Sam greets. "Is this the newbie?"

"Not really new, and my name is Melissa." The female vampire sneers, and Paul growls before he meets her eyes and the wolf whimpers at the images as he imprints.

"Melissa, I am Harry Clearwater, I grant you permission to come across the line." Harry says in a serious tone.

Melissa lets out the breath she's been holding before the crosses over, Paul backs up and growls. Sam looks at him in concern before turning back to the vampire now on their land. She is prettier than he had thought she'd be.

"Jared, mind if we use your back?" Harry asks.

Jared sighs and he nods. "Fine, go for it."

Jared Cameron winks at the vampire before he bends over. Harry unrolls the scroll and he hands Melissa a ballpoint pen.

"Sign here." Harry shows her to the recently signed Cullen, and she signs her name.

Melissa Whitlock.

/***/

La Push.
Sam's place.

/***/

"Paul, calm down and tell me what happened at that line?" Sam demands as they enter his place, his and Emily's place. "You whimpered."

"I imprinted." Paul growls. "On Melissa."

Sam rises an eyebrow. "And how do you feel about that? She's a vampire."

"I know, she's a damn blood sucker and I imprinted on her!" Paul snaps. "Dammit, I don't know what do freaking do, Sam."

"Just breath, and we'll figure something out." Sam assures him with a sigh. "We'll figure it out."