06

A few days later
Forks, Washington.
Cullen Residence.

--------------------

"Edward did what during that accident?" Melissa snaps, Edward is out following Bella while she hangs out with Jessica and Angela, prom's coming up, Melissa isn't going.

"He exposed us, massively." Rosalie replies.

"Why wasn't I told?" Melissa asks.

"You weren't here!" Rosalie yells, the two are alone in the house. "You were with the mutts."

Melissa slaps Rosalie, Rosalie's face snaps to the side. "Do you know what his exposing us to save her means?! Bella will find out about us, Rosalie Lillian Hale! It doesn't matter if I was in La Push or not. I share the same exact secret as the rest of this freaking coven!"

The power behind Melissa's slap has left a red hand imprint on Rosalie's jaw, shocking them both. What shocked Rosalie was the power behind the slap. She hadn't expect that strength. Emmett and Jasper walk in as Rosalie eyes Melissa with shocked, venom filled eyes.

"Whoa, what happened here?" Emmett asks.

"Now is not the time, Emmett." Melissa growls and she storms up to her room, slamming the door behind her.
----

"What happened?" Emmett asks Rosalie.

Melissa comes down fully dressed. "We have school."

She storms out after looking at the fading red on Rosalie's jaw, and she gets into Jasper's car. Alice smiles at Jasper before she settles on riding with Rosalie. She is allowing Jasper some quality time with his family, they have over a century to make up for.

----

Forks High School.

***

Melissa watches Edward follow Bella into the woods. Without being seen, she sneakily follows the two. She climbs into the trees over their head to get a good listen. Melissa notices Bella stop finally, Edward isn't far behind her.

"You're impossibly fast and strong." Bella begins. "Your eyes change color, and sometimes you speak as if you're from a different time. You never eat or drink anything. You don't go out into the sunlight..." Bella pauses for a moment, Melissa watches the human intently. "How old are you?" She finally asks.

"Seventeen." Edward replies, he casts a look at Melissa, frowning at her..... He knows she's pissed.

"How long have you been seventeen?" Bella asks.

Edward hesitates. "A while."

"I know what you are." Bella claims, and Melissa tenses in the tree.

"Say it...." Edward demands. "Out loud."

"Vampire."

"Are you afraid?" Edward asks.

This is when Bella turns to face him. "No."

"Then ask me the most basic question;" Edward sneers, "What do we eat?"

"You won't hurt me." Bella exclaims.

Edward grabs her and he flashes off before Melissa could stop him. She punches the tree, leaving a large hole, and she jumps down. She lands on her feet, her hand touches the dead leaves beneath her boots. She then leaves the woods and goes into the school.....

***.

"Bella knows, Rosalie." Melissa says as she sits at the lunch table. "I just spied on them; she confronted Edward. See. It doesn't matter where I spend my time, Rose. Bella knows the secret now. It's out. Get over your hatred of me being an imprint, because we have more important matters to concern ourselves over."

"I'm sorry, Mel." Rosalie speaks. "That was a powerful slap this morning. I think your strength is what surprised me the most."

Emmett smirks at this and he cracks his muscles. "You, me; strength match, after school."

"You're on."

***

Cullen Residence
Backyard.

***

"NOOOO!" Emmett roars as Melissa beats him at arm wrestling, again. "No! This isn't right. You cheated."

"How?" Melissa laughs. "I'm stronger, get over it."

"Nope, not possible, I cannot accept it." Emmett says. "Wrestle me."

Melissa rolls her eyes before she tackles him, they roll around in the grass before Emmett slams her down, his hand around her throat. He smirks. Melissa rolls her eyes and kicks him through the trees.

"If you'll excuse me, that's made me hungry." The vampire says before running into the trees, she hunts in both lands because the tribe elders gave her permission.

Sorry it's so short. This was more of a filler chapter. Again, I truly apologize for the shortness.