04

"Carlisle?" Melissa says as she steps into the man's study, she has stayed home from school today. "I need you to do something for me."

"Have a seat." Carlisle insists as he closes the book he was reading. "Close the door please, Melissa." A tingly feeling hits Carlisle's stomach as he says her name.

Melissa smiles and she closes the study door, then she has a seat across from the vampire.

"What is it that you need?" Carlisle asks in his usual gentle voice.

"Alice says I am your mate, right?" Melissa questions.

"Yes, why?" Carlisle asks as Esme steps in, Melissa smiles at her.

"I need you to look up an see if it is possible for a shape shifter to imprint on a mated vampire." Melissa claims. "I think that one in wolf form imprinted on me as I crossed the treaty line to sign the treaty."

Carlisle eyes the vampire and he nods. "I'll look into it and see what I can find, Melissa."

"Can you let me know if you find anything?" Melissa asks.

"Of course, Melissa, I will as soon as I find something important." Carlisle replies as he takes her hand, Esme smiles at the action. "We'll talk soon, yeah?"

"Mhmm, I'm going to hunt and I will be back." Melissa says and leaves.
----

"You like her." Esme teases Carlisle when Melissa is out of hearing distance.

"Of course, she is my mate." Carlisle replies. "But you are my wife, I LOVE you."

Esme kisses Carlisle. "And I love you, too, Carlisle. But she is your mate. And if she is Paul's imprint, she will have to choose a side."

"No, she will be a loophole to the treaty." Carlisle informs her. "She will be able to pass anytime she wants, if the elders and Sam agree to accept the imprint. Can I be alone? I need to call Sam Uley."

Esme kisses Carlisle once more on the lips, and she leaves the house. Carlisle knows that Melissa will also have to choose between her own kind and the wolves.

**-*

La Push
Sam's place

***

Sam hangs up with Carlisle and he leans against the kitchen doorway. He has become worried for his pack's omega. Paul doesn't know what to do, he imprinted on a vampire.

"Paul, she will be the loophole, if the elders agree to let her pass at her own will." Sam finally speaks up to inform the wolf. "But Melissa will have to choose between us and her own kind."

"I know." Paul frowns at his alpha. "We know she will choose Carlisle, her own people. She is a blood sucker for crying out loud, Sam."

"She had Carlisle look into it." Sam informs him. "Carlisle called me. Melissa has researched our tribe and legends. She knows what imprinting is."

Paul looks at Sam longingly and he sits back. "I want to properly meet her."

"Let me call the elders, and Carlisle." Sam says gently and goes back to the phone.

***

Forks, Washington.
Cullen residence.

***

"You wanted to see me?" Melissa says as she enters Carlisle's office, Esme is here as well. "Oh, hello Esme."

"Hello, Melissa dear." Esme greets with a smile.

"I spoke with Sam, he had spoken to their elders." Carlisle says. "Paul wants to meet you. Here." Carlisle hands her the keys to his Mercedes. "Drive on over. An elder will be at the boarder."

Carlisle gets a call. "Melissa, wait a minute. Could she use your car, Es? That was the hospital. There was an accident at the school."

Melissa hands them the keys when Esme willingly hands her the keys to her potica as Carlisle rushes out.

"I hope everyone is ok." Melissa claims.

"Me too, Mel, me too." Esme agrees before Melissa leaves.

----

"Are you the vampire imprint?" An older man in the little green car asks as I stop at the La Push boarder.

"I guess so, I'm Melissa." The vampire claims, one can truly tell she's from Texas.

"All right, here are the directions to the alpha's, Paul is there." The man says. "If it goes well, I will make it to where you can pass freely, to get to know him."

Melissa nods and she grabs the paper. The car takes off into La Push. Melissa studies the paper he had given her, and she drives to the address.

Melissa parks behind a jeep wrangler and gets out of Esme's car. There is a man on the porch, he is pretty tall with tanned skin, with a tribal tattoo on his shoulder. Melissa recognizes him as Jared Cameron, he was there when she signed the treaty. The scroll was lain on his back as she signed.

"You made it." Jared comments as he jogs over to her. "Welcome to La Push. You glad you're not in school, now?"

Melissa smirks and shakes her head. "No. I wish I was. I have gotten many diplomas, but I like getting an education."

"Good." Jared replies and he leads her inside.

Sam walks over and he grabs Melissa's hand. "I'm glad you found it ok. Emily is cooking."

"Who's Emily?" Melissa asks kindly.

"My imprint, and fiancée." Sam replies. "Paul!"

That is when a tall man walks in, he is not as tall as Sam, but he is still pretty tall. He appears to be muscular, and he is shirtless like Sam and Jared. And also like the other two, this guy also has the tribal tattoo..

"The tattoos, those are for the tribe?" Melissa asks.

"The pack." Sam replies. "I'll leave you two alone. Jared, patrol, now."

Sam goes to the kitchen and Jared phases in the front yard, then trots into the woods.

"I take it you're the wolf who imprinted on me at the signing." Melissa purrs as she sits down in an arm chair near the door.

"It's ok to be nervous." Paul claims as he sits near her. "I am too."

Melissa bites her lip. "Um, can you get Sam?"

Paul furrows his eyebrows. "Why?"

"I'm hungry. And I need him to ask the elders if I can hunt on this land." Melissa replies.

Paul is up quickly and he goes to find Sam. Melissa bites her lip as a beautiful woman leaves the kitchen. She has russet skin like most on the reservation, and shiny black hair. The one thing that stands out slightly to Melissa is the scar along side her cheek.

"Path of an angry wolf?" Melissa winks and rises her shirt. "From 1900. Angry wolf, vampire, bad combination."

The woman smiles widely, her scars wrinkling up. "I'm Emily."

"Mmm, the alpha's imprint." Melissa purrs. "Is Sam calling the elders?"

"He just did, he said they approve."

Melissa is gone in a flash, and hunts for a while.