Chapter One

Chapter One-Ashlee’s POV*

“Ashlee please?” Lindsey was grabbing my arm trying to get me out of my room. “Lindsey I’m just not ready.” I jerked my arm from her pulling the covers over my head. “Ashlee, you need to get out there. This boy is not worth all of this, you can do better than him.” I moaned and flipped onto my side facing away from her. “Are you really going to pass up TOM DALEY’S party?” She had a good point. Tom had been her best friend sense the first grade. Lindsey and I had been best friend’s sense fourth grade, I had moved to Plymouth, England in the third grade. I had moved to Plymouth from Holly Springs, North Carolina. Lindsey was actually born there but moved to Plymouth when she was a few months old. “If I go what will you do for me?” She breathed in deep “I’m taking you to a celebrity’s party.” Again she had another good point. Tom was in last year’s Olympics, he was a diver and he was hot, I will give her props. “Ugh, fine. What do I need to wear?” She smiled and clapped her hands “something cute, but not whore like.” I laughed and stared at her “Trying to say something Lindsey?” We both laughed “That’s not what I meant!” I rolled my eyes, and slithered out of my bed and hobbled over to my closet. “Don’t expect me to flirt though I’m not ready for another relationship yet.” I had just found out my long time (13 months) boyfriend, err ex-boyfriend was cheating on me with some slut named Oc. Who their right mind names there child Oc? Anyway, she has been begging me for over three weeks to get out of my house. It was our summer break, and I was making it crap for both of us. “Ok you say that now, but you will never know until you go.” I just turned back towards my closet flipping through hangers trying to find something cute but not whore like. “Wear a dress!” She knew I hated dresses with a passion. I would wear skirts; just I could not do dresses. Plus girls like Lindsey and I don’t ‘dress up’. We were the girls who had a lot of friends but we weren’t popular. It’s not that we weren’t pretty enough to be or anything like that, we were just total bitches to everybody. Not like we were better than anybody else, we are just very sarcastic people. The people that got sarcasm were the people we hung out with so we all probably secretly hate each other.

Lindsey POV*

Why is she being so difficult? Wait I know why ‘Andrew’ is why, little man whore, ruining my best friend’s summer. That bitch Oc, she knew what she was doing, everybody in town knew who the cute couple holding hands, or riding bikes together, or even piggy backing was. It’s not that they were popular but Plymouth was small, really small. “Oh yeah by the way Nicole is going too.” She laughed “Then why should I go?” She was annoying me; she knew why I wanted her to go. She needed fresh air, new boys to look at, not just old picture of her and freaking Andrew. I looked at her “What about this?” She held up a cute dress. “That’s to dress up like, but it’s cute.” She ‘pshed’ me “You said a dress, that’s my dress.” It is hilarious when she gets annoyed “What about a pencil skirt?” She stomped over to her dresser “Yeah right here.” She held it up “That’s good.” She picked out a nice shirt to go with it. “The party starts at 7:00 tonight.” She glared at me, it was 12:30pm “Oh I thought you meant in the morning.” We laughed but I had to go home and feed my cat; Mannie, So I left Ashlee at her house and walked home, we live across the neighborhood from each other (it’s a small neighborhood).