Chapter 1: Whiskers

(Third person)
Virgil sat on a black bean bag in his room. He hadnt left his room in days and hadnt eaten in those days. He couldnt bare it anymore, he stood and walked to his door. He opened it quietly and peaked out before opening it the rest if the way and walking down the hall. His stomach hissed at him to eat something. Justbas he got out into the Commons, he was met with two dirty looks. Logan and Roman.

      "Ugh..." Virgil sighed harshly. He walked past royal pain, heading into the kitchen. Logan went back to his book. Roman still watched Anxiety as he got into the fridge, pulling out some left overs and heating them up in the mircrowave.

    "Are you just gonna keep staring or are you gonna take me to dinner?" Anxiety chuckled towards Roman. "Oh shut up Hot Topic" Roman spat. "Aww, you think im hot" Virgil chuckled again, pulling out his food from the mircrowave.

    Princey huffed. "You know?! I dont see the point of you! All you do is be sarcastic and rude and you hurt Thomas!" He snapped. Anxiety turned to face Roman in surprise. "Dont give me that innocent surprise look! Thats literally all you do around here! Im sick of it and im sick of you!"

     Anxiety started to shake slightly as Roman got in his face. Patton wasnt around to defend him since he was helping Thomas. Logan could care less. Anxiety was backed into the counter as Roman got real close. "Now why dont you go back to your room and never come out!" Roman hissed, immidietly thinking he took it too far. 

     Anxiety could feel a tingle down his back. "Shit...." Is all he could think. He was going to transform. He tried to step around Roman, but was blocked by Roman's arm. "Anxiety im..." He was cut off. Anxiety pushed him out of the way and ran. He ran as fast as he could to his room, tears in his eyes.

     Once he got in, he shut his door. He didnt have time to lock it before he fell to the ground, wincing from slight pain. He suddenly blacked out, waking a couple minutes later. Everything seemed taller. He was a cat.

       (Virgil)
I woke to see everything taller. 'Damn im a damn cat again!' Is all I could think. I was a short haired black cat with purple highlights. My fur shined in the light but instead of being a shiny black, it was a metallic purple. I had bright purple eyes and a long tail with dark purple tabby stripes. My necklace remained on through the tranformation, the silver star hanging down to my purple fluffy chest. The mark of a witch. 'What? I thought it was cool'

    I stepped out of the jumbled up clothes and shook. 'I hate being a damn cat...' I walked over to my bed, jumping up and curling into a ball on my blanket. I let out a huff. 'Damn coping mechanism...' I was about to fall asleep when there was a knock on my door. "Anxiety..? Are you okay...?" 'Roman! Shit! My door isnt locked!' I quickly jumped off my bed and bolted towards the clothes that were in the floor. I dragged them to the bathroom with my mouth and hid them behind the door. "Anxiety...?" Roman said again. 'What do I do?!' I quickly bolted under the bed. "Im coming in!" Roman yelled before opening the door.

      (Roman)
I watched anxiety run past me as I fell to the floor from his push. I felt bad now... I got up, debating whether to follow or not when I heard a faint wince from down the hall. I quickly walked down the hall, stopping in front of his door. 'Was I really doing this?' I knocked softly. "Anxiety....? Are you okay...?" I heard a very light thud followed by some shifting. "Anxiety...?" Still no reply. "Im coming in!" I yelled through the door before walking in. The room was dark and I was surprised the door was unlocked. I walked in cautiously. No one was there...

    I looked around. "I swear I saw him run in here..." I murmured. I looked to his bed. Noticing a purple glow coming from under it. When I went to investigate, I was met with two crimson purple eyes and a little purple glow from the neck of the animal. "H-hello..?" I said nervously. Suddenly a black cat stepped out from under the bed, a silver and leather necklace hanging from it's neck with a purple gem in the middle of the star.

     "Hey little one" I smiled and sighed with relief that it was only a cat. "You're a cute one. I didnt Anxiety had a cat!" I talked to it excitedly. I pet it gently on the back, the cat tilting its head slightly with a purr. 'I wonder where Anxiety is...' I thought as I pet his kitty.

    The cat purred and rubbed against my side as I scratched behind its ear. "Hey kitty... Have you seen your owner..? I need to apoligize..." I said, feeling a bit crazy for talking to the cat. The cat stopped and looked up at me. 'Did it just understand me...?' "I want to apologize for snapping at him today... If only he knew how I really felt for him... I wouldnt have to put up a hateful mask..." The cat tilted its head, almost a surprised look.

     I just sat there petting the cat, talking to it. It seem to be listening to me like it understood me. 'No wonder Anxiety has this cat... It listened to him...'

      (Virgil)
'Roman cares for me..?' He went on and on about how he really liked me, but he put on a show to impress Logan and Patton. I swear he used the word love a couple times. I just listened as he pet me. It felt good. 'Heh....here I was, being pet by my crush as he talked about how he liked me back...' He was so gonna get a hug when I turn back.

Thanks for reading!

I hops you will enjoy with story!

-Marsh