Chapter 8

Brandon Andre Anderson

"That girl you brought here. Is she your girlfriend?" My uncle asked.

I was washing my car outside when he felt the need to bring up Angel. I didn't know what he was hinting at but I'll find out pretty soon.

"No she just a friend." I replied. He chuckled.

"I remember her mother. Her name was Ariel. She was beautiful. She was suppose to be your auntie, but shit happens." He said puffing on a cigarette.

"Why are you telling me this?" I asked. I threw the wash rag in the bucket looking him in his eyes.

I saw so much pain and hurt but I also saw hate. It was something I never saw before. He looked like he could kill and wouldn't care. I heard stories from my brother of people he killed but I thought were just rumors.

"Angel looks just like her mother. Her mother was all I needed intill she started going with Allen. My father taught him everything he needed to know about the streets and what does he do? Take my bitch and try to take over shit. We going to get our shit back. Your brother is raising hell. Did you hear how they robbed one of his trap houses. What are we going to do about that Brandon?" He questioned me.

"Unc, you know I'm not with this lifestyle . I'm going to college for basketball and I got a full ride scholarship on the line. Talk to Blake about that shit. I ain't with it and you can't make me." I said. I step up to me. We were chest to chest. He wasn't about to punk me.

"Brandon, you and I both know I can make you do a lot of this. You going to do what I say or your little girl friend will die just like her mother did." He spat. He walked away and I couldn't move.

I hated everything about this. I wasn't made for his lifestyle and he knew that. My mom is a doctor and my father is a real estate agent. I come from money. I didn't need to trap or anything. I had everything I ever wanted.

Had a bomb ass party for my 16th birthday and got the car that I always wanted. Blake did too. I had no idea why he turn out the way he did and I truly didn't care.

I kicked the bucket of water over and paced around my car. "Is everything okay?" I looked over across my yard to see my neighbors, Josie.

"I'm fine." I replied. She continued to walk over and i just wanted to be by myself.

"Are you sure? You want to take about it?" She said rubbing my arm. I eyed her and got into my car. I only knew one person who would hear me out. Allen and the rest of Angel's people hated me because of my family but my homeboy was cool with them so I knew he would listen.

 Allen and the rest of Angel's people hated me because of my family but my homeboy was cool with them so I knew he would listen

I was in front of Tony's places. He was outside with his dog and eyeing me trying to see who was in his drive way. I got out and he eased up a little bit. "Wassup?" He said slapping my hand.