Chapter 13

Angelica Marie "Angel" Carter

I was at lunch sitting at the table next to Brandon. Spring break was over and I couldn't even lie. I lowkey missed him. He was filling me in on everything that he did during the break. He went on a couple college tours and helped his mom out at the hospital.

"My trip was cool, all I really did was shop and hang out at the beach." I replied. He nodded. He rubbed his hands over his head. I noticed he only did that when he wanted to tell me something but didn't know how to say it. "Wassup?" I asked him.

He sighed. "It's really nothing. It just my uncle was telling me stuff about your mother. I was curious so I asked my mother, she did some digging and I found out some things." He said.

I was stunned. I was mad or anything it just that, I really didn't want to know about what happen to my mother anymore. I didn't want to dig up old bones and cause trouble.

"What did you find out?" I asked him. He sighed.

"My mom thinks your mother might have been murder." He said.

I nodded. "Thanks. I have to go." I grab my stuff and left Brandon sitting there as he called my name.

I wasn't sad or mad. I just wanted to leave. I needed to leave. I jumped in my ride and took my ass home. I walk through the door to see Gotti and China unpacking their stuff. "How was the trip?" I asked as I sat my stuff on the table.

Gotti looked at me and smiled. "It was straight. What about yours?"

I shrugged and made my way in to the kitchen and spotted some nigga digging through our fridge. "Excuse me?! Who the hell are you?" I asked. The guy turn around and smiled and I must say he was fine as hell. He eyed me and I eyed him back.

"You must be Angel. I'm Prince." He said sipping from my bottle of Orange juice.

"We are not a halfway house. We are not Salvation Army. We are not a shelter. Why you here?" I asked him.

He busted out laughing. "I see you a rude one. I doing business with Gotti." He said bumping past me.

I walk back to the from to see China gone and Prince and Gotti playing Call of duty. "Where's Allen?" I asked.

"He went to see your father." Gotti replied. I rolled my eyes and went to my room to change. I decided on a grey tight fitted dress and some black sandals.

My sister April was coming sometimes this week and I was so ready to fill her in on everything. I didn't want to be a school and everybody who I was cool with was in school and Joshua was probably with Allen. I pulled out my phone and decided to hit up Diego. He showed me around his city. Might as well show him around mine.

Me: Diego are you busy?

Big Daddy Diego🤦🏾‍♀️: not really. Wassup?

Me: want to hang with me for the day?

Big Daddy Diego🤦🏾‍♀️: I can hang for maybe a hour or two but not the whole day, bae.

Me: Nvm something else came up. Sorry.

I threw my phone on my bed and laid back. I was stress with school, my mother, and this lifestyle. "I need dick!" I yelled.

"You could of ask me. I make the girls go crazy." I jumped up to see Gotti standing at my door.

"Nigga knock next time." I said. He eyed me and I eyed him back.

"Why you keep playing games with me? You know I want you and I know you want me too. Let's stop this." He said. I rolled my eyes.

"Nigga you got a whole girlfriend. I'm not gonna go there with you." I said standing up.

"Where you going?" He asked. He saw me grab my keys and bag. I didn't want to be in the house with all of them. I was going to check out things for myself. If what Brandon, Allen, and everybody else saying is true. Then imma need answers.

-

I know it's short. But next chapters Is gonna be some trouble!!!