Chapter 3

Angelica-Marie Carter

After a couple more songs and a couple more drinks I knew it was time for me to go. Brandon was opening me up and it something I didn't want to happen, at least not yet.

"I got to go." I said to him as we both walked out side. The party was still live and many people were still coming in to turn up on this now Saturday morning.

"Alright let me walk you to your car at least." He said as we walked across the street. I spotted Keys and Josh talking to a couple people by my car.

"I had fun tonight." I told him. He gave me that sexy as smile and I pulled at one of his braids.

"I had fun too. Text me to make sure you made it home safely." He said as he kiss me on my forehead.

"Sure thing." I replied as I got in the back seat of my own car. "I'm so tried." I said to Keys and Josh as Josh headed towards my house.

"Girl me too, after 4 shots and 2 cups later I don't even know how I'm even walking." She said.

I laughed at her as she threw her shoes in my back seat. "Imma just tap at y'all house. April room sound so good right now." Josh said.

"April don't got a room. Her and her boyfriend put all her stuff in storage when she came down here during Christmas. Once the graduate they moving into they own place." I said.

"Damn well I guess I'm sleeping on the floor in your room or something." He said as he went thur a McDonald's drive thur.

"Get me a 10 piece meal with a Sprite and sweet and sour sauce." I said to him from the back.

"Get me a Big Mac with no cheese or onions and a coke." Keys said.

Josh told the man what we wanted and then turn the radio up.

"What's up with you and that nigga Brandon?" Josh questioned.

"Nothing much, he a cool dude. Somebody I can kick it with from time to time." I replied eating some of my fries.

"I ain't really heard nothing bad about him but his brother on the other hand is bad news."

"How so?"

"You ever heard about the bombs going off around your brother's territory?" He asked.

"Yeah, Allen said he didn't know what it was or who even did it." I replied.

"Well we think it has something to with Brandon's family. Well he not in it I know that for a fact. But his brother is ruthless out here. Word going around he killed a cop and her son." Josh added.

"Damn I heard about that. That was one of my mom friends I used to baby sit her kid some times." Keys said.

"But Brandon's dad is a real estate agent." I said. He nodded.

"Their grandfather isn't. Back in the days they were saying how he taught big Allen everything he knows. He basically trying to sabotage everything your father built. And get this, back in the day your mom was almost married to his other son."

"How do you know all of this?" I asked him.

"Allen told me all this shit. He also thinking about moving but keeping that house as back up. I told him I'll talk to you about it but we might as well get it all out in the open." He said as we pulled up to my house.