Lucid Dream

This story is based on a dream I had, I'm a very active lucid dreamer, and this story is of a dream I have, a reoccurring one.

This is a story I wrote once before, it was called the statue dream, but as it's a reoccurring dream I recently had, I decided to write it again.

Enjoy.
_________________________________________________________________________

The Statue Dream

The statue dream is a dream I've often had, this is the second time I've ever wrote about this dream, it's one I've had many times.

This book and it's predecessor are the only places I've shared this story, because, well, who goes around talking about the wet dreams they have.

Anyway, the dream starts out the same each time. But first I should explain how dreams work for me.

Ever since I was a little boy, I've had extremely vivid dreams, these dreams have always been controllable.

It started out as me flying away from scary nightmare men, or running at Flash like speeds, then quickly evolved into me being aware whenever I'm dreaming.

This awareness gave me new abilities, like being able to sit back and watch over my own shoulder, or take control and change things to my liking.

This is called Lucid dreaming, although I didn't know it at the time. My lucidity has grown as I've gotten older, but due to poor sleep habits, cigarettes and pot, my ability to remember every dream I have has gotten weaker.

Still the dreams I do remember, the big ones, they are always filled with some sort of fun. Even my nightmares are like fantastical movies, where each time I manage to escape the villain.

My stories often come from dreams, but the statue dream is personal, at least for me.

As a child I was obsessed with the movie Hercules. It led to my love of myth, it was my reasoning for checking out Greek mythology books from the library. The old myths were amazing, filling my mind with fantasy and wonder.

I don't remember sexualizing Heracles, I mean sure like any little flamboyant queen, I thought he was cute, but by the time I reached sixteen, I wasn't thinking about Hercules. I knew his story, I'd learned more than just his myth, I knew more than Greek mythology.

So I still don't understand where this dream comes from, but it started when I was eighteen. I'd just come home from Job corps, I wasn't working yet. I don't recall what I'd been doing that day, but I do recall the dream I had that night.

I'd awoken in a very big, very open and very empty museum. There were no people, and the silence was deafening. As I said I don't always have to control my dreams, I like to observe until scared or interested.

I remember it was night time, because I looked out of the window in the high ceiling. I remember a thousand bright stars, and the moon.

Then I watched as my dream self walked off, wandering around the empty museum, with it's silent air, with perfect temperatures and deserted displays.

I wandered until my eyes caught a statue, dream me wandered over to
the statue, I'd never see the thing before in my life.

The details, the close attention to every curve, bulge and ripple. I can't find a picture that duplicates the sheer beauty that was this statue. Yet the pictures below come slightly close.