Chapter 18

Marilyn's POV

As soon as I punch Zim hard enough that I know he'll pass out, Twiggy freaks out and kicks my back. It hardly hurts but little things set me off. I spank his ass which causes him to whimper, but he soon forgets the pain after snuggling his face into my neck.

After more bickering with Twiggy we finally load into the car to find Pogo. Without questioning why we're taking a car. Ginger and I both know that we can't run much longer without feeding soon and I don't want to take more blood from Twiggy. His body won't be able to handle it. Twiggy falls asleep in the backseat quickly. I throw Zim in the trunk of my car and also get inside the car. I hope Zim will be unable to get out the trunk. He may have another rampage; there's no telling when he will have one. "Which way should I head?" I ask Ginger.

"Turn right. I have an idea of where he may be." He replies. "And, where is that?" I question. "The strip club." He says it seriously, but I laugh. We arrive there in about an hour because of how far away the original location is from town. Luckily Zim is still unconscious. Twiggy is still asleep so we leave him in the car. It isn't hot out today.

We walk into the club without having to show IDs. I guess the bouncer was quite afraid of my glares.

We search around for Pogo, splitting up. I go left" Ginger goes right. After a few minutes of no luck I feel like giving up. As soon as I'm about to turn around to find Ginger I spot Pogo. He's standing there allowing a stripper to grind on him. "Pogo!" I yell. He doesn't look from her breasts. I repeat his name. No  acknowledgement. I walk up to him and poke his face. He frowns at the childish act. "What are you doing?" I yell as he refocuses on the stripper's breasts. "Uh, what does it look like?"

His sarcasm pisses me off. "What happened to Zim?" I yell back, even though I already know the answer. He gives me a glare as if his name was a metaphor for the apocalypse. "Fuck, Pogo. Stop this bullshit. Let's just go- we need to go."

"No, you need to go." He gives me a death glare. "Don't start something." I glare back.

"You and Zim need to patch things up. This was just a whole misunderstanding." I yell, louder than before.

He gives me a confused look. "I don't what you're talking about."

He's being indenial. As if on que, Ginger notices us and stand beside me. He examines Pogo and we exchange a look of frustration. "You love Zim. You need him. Do you want to fucking die or live Pogo? Because the only way you're going to survive is if you come with us. Dancing with strippers and getting drunk isn't going to save you."

"Stop telling me what to do!" I see him tense up and the stripper looks quite terrified.

I grab his wrist to pull him out of the club but his pushes me off and fall onto the floor, knocking over a few people. They yell at me and knock each of them out. I'm extremely pissed now. Before I can run at Pogo to get my revenge Ginger grabs the back of my coat. "Fighting isn't going to revolve this issue just as Pogo getting drunk isn't going to keep him alive." He's right. I leave and go to the car to calm down while Ginger tried to convince Pogo. We're just trying to help him and he doesn't accept it. Hell, he never does. I look into the rearview mirror and realize my eyeliner has smudged on my cheeks from the heat in the club. I rub my hands over my face. When I look back in the mirror I see a smiling Twiggy sitting up, staring at me. I turn around and he jumps on my lap. "Hey, there." I laugh, ruffling his dreadlocks. "Do you love me now?" He asks. "I'll always love you." I reply. He bounces up and down on me giggling. He fetches his lunch box and reteives his trusty voice recorder. He plays Scabs, Guns, and Peanut Butter until Ginger comes back to the car. Without Pogo I'm tow. Shit. Gingers sits in the passenger seat without saying a word. I start the car and sigh in defeat. I'm about to pull away until I hear the sound of the back door opposite of Twiggy opening. It's Pogo. I didn't even notice him come out of the strip club. He must've came out after Ginger. I start driving to Satan knows where. An uncomfortable silence between all of us.

sorry if this didn't make sense or was boring cause I'm v tired bye

~ miserymachine ~