Chapter 9

Pogo's POV

My mind is quite fuzzy, the last remnants of a dream being chased away by the realisation that I am awake again. It was an unusual dream for me since I usually have dreams about dark matters and debauchery. It was something about sitting in a big oak tree with Tim in meadow full of flowers but the details are fading fast even as I try to recall them. I feel as if Tim has made my mind somewhat innocent. Somewhat. Although innocence is life's greatest illusion. (AN- If you got that reference I LOOOOOVE you) With a mental sigh I allow my brain to focus and cautiously open one eye. Shit if I woke up early again I am going to rip out someone's intestines and choke them with it. I calm as the details from last night come flooding back to me. Zim and I made passionate love to one another. The memory of how absolutely divine his blood tasted came back to me too. Oh no. It's not as if I can change my vampiric nature and fate. As I said before, Ginger said that the blood only tastes that extravagant when you have found your true love. I look down at his adorable sleeping form and sigh. I laugh as he snorts in his sleep. Oh Tim, how am I going to tell you? I don't want to scare you off, you're the best thing that has ever happened to me. I maneuver my way off of him and get dressed in sweats and the "The Satanic Army" t-shirt Sara let me have after he left the band. I sit on the couch in the mini living room and put my elbows to my knees, propping my head up. I start to shake my leg in frustration and Ginger walks in, sitting beside me. You alright man?" I jump a little and shake my head once I realize it's him. I guess I was that deep in thought. "I don't know man. I.." ,I look into the hallway in case any ones in ear shot, "I told Zim about our, you know, curse, and then I fed on him. Man I cannot describe to you how good that man's blood tasted. I almost didn't stop." I whispered. Ginger chuckles silently and looks at me. "Well, you remember what I told you? If the blood tastes that good-" "Yeah yeah yeah that means he's my true love. I know. But how am I supposed to tell him? I don't want to scare him off." I say. He sighs and says "Pogo, uhm, there's two little teensy tiny details I may have left out about vampire true love." I cock my head to the side a little and narrow my eyes at him. "And what might that be?" "Now that you have tasted your true love's blood, your veins will turn black starting from your shoulders to the tips of your fingers, and only there, when you have any physical contact with your love. Like a map pointing right towards them, if you will. If you don't go ahead and tell Zim, your "map" will give you away." I instantly look at my arms even though nothing is there and rub a hand down my face. This is all to much. "What's the second thing." I say, solemnly. "Now that you've found your true love you will deteriorate more and more until you wither away to nothing unless you turn him. You've only got about a week." "WHAT THE HELL!" I exclaim "GAH THERE'S SO MANY FUCKING RULES. Whatever I'm going to tell him right now." I march back into the bunk area but my confidence fades when I see Zim's cute sleepy self sitting up in my tshirt, reading and listening to music. He's so beyond perfect. He notices me and smiles "Hai Stephen!" I chuckle and say "Hey baby." and kiss him. Oh shit. "Um.. Stephen what's wrong with your arm??" Fuckin hell.

~~RisingOptimism

So this chapter was a bit of a filler. I wanted to explain some of the rules that come along with being a vampire in our story. I know it's short and boring but bear with me. c: