Chapter 1

1996

Ft. Lauderdale, Florida

Pogo's POV

Daisy left a few weeks ago and Manson just announced were getting a new guitarist. Fucking shit. I mean yeah I know we need a new one but I'm not looking forward to getting to know someone new. God I fucking hate people. They're all the same pretty much. My other band mates are pretty much the only difference I've seen. Were holding auditions at my place. I asked why couldn't it have been at Manson's and he just nonchalantly replied "I don't want strangers in my house. You should be used to it. You're strange as fuck." Oh thanks. The first one walks in. It's a chick and to start off, her guitar is shit. She plugs it in and I recognize the song as Dope Hat. Eh, wrong key. She missed a note. By the time she was done she missed a total of eight notes and fell out of time twice. She gave us her number and the next person walked in. He was a dude who had long hot pink hair and multiple piercings. Haha, awesome. He plugs in his Epiphone and starts playing... Ah. Get Your Gunn. By the time he is finished he missed two notes and only fell out of time once. Cool. The next guy walks in and...wow. He's...damn. Sorry okay he has short jet black hair that just passes his ears and is very,very pale. He plugs in his Fender and starts playing.. Ooo. Cake and Sodomy. He immediately starts with the solo. Do you realize how hard that solo is? He finishes perfectly. He hands Manson his number and starts to leave but Manson doesn't let him. "No, don't leave yet. There's no other option. You're in. You were amazing man. By the way, your name? And where are you from?" "Really?? Oh my God man thank you. Oh it's Timothy Linton. But call me Tim. And I just moved here from Chicago." "Oh okay man. Awesome. Well, here's some sheet music of our first album, Portrait Of An American Family which you've obviously already heard of, and the one we just released, AntiChrist Superstar." "Oh my god man thank you. Thank you so much. I really needed this. I'll get right on practicing them." Damn that cute Chicago accent. Random, but I remember when I told the band I was gay. ~~Flashback~~ "Yo, YO. EVERYONE SHUT THE FUCK UP." They all looked up at me quietly. "So, I'm gay and if you have something to say, shut the fuck up and fuck yourself with a tree." All of them just laughed and said alright while Twiggs started grinding on me. I shoved him off and he pouted cutely and everything just went back to the way it was before. ~~End of Flashback~~ I'm pulled back into reality when I hear Manson say "Well actually, we're about to practice a little. Do you learn fast?" "Yeah, actually." Zim replies, "I've been playing guitar since I was 10. I learned and memorized Cake in Sodomy in about four hours." "Damn man well look over the Portrait sheet music and let's get started." Shit. Nonononononononono. His cute ass is gonna fucking distract me the whole time and I am not about to be the cause of one of Manson's bitch fits. We all file into the little mini studio in my basement. It's a little cramped but it works and well frankly I couldn't give a shit if they were uncomfortable. We start with Cake and Sodomy since Zim already knows it and when it comes to my part, I miss it completely. I was too distracted by his perfect ass. God fucking daaaaaamn. "POGO. WHAT THE FUCK. PAY FUCKING ATTENTION." "Shut the fuck up man. Just run it again." We run it again, and this time I don't mess up. But that doesn't mean I wasn't staring at his perfect little Chicago raised self. Maybe I should visit Chicago more often.

~~RisingOptimism

I hope you enjoyed. It'll get better.