chapter fifteen- Not knowing better be damned

Start from the beginning

" I need to borrow this warlord for a week. My kids need this training " Jennifer patted louisa on the head as Claudette came back for my lips.

" Jenny please help me with the studs " She told Jennifer then continued smearing the gloss over my lip.

" Smack your lips"

  And I did as I was told, before she went to my hair. She brushed it a few times before taking two hair pins and a few clips.

" Claude, the studs are missing " Jennifer shouted from the other side of the room where they had dropped their accessory box.

" What the- Louisa?" She grumbled and I made a slight turn to check on what she's doing.

She was suddenly interested in the outlines of our pillow design, if that's not a hint that she hid those studs I don't know what is.

" This girl. Jenny bring the dangling ones"  Claudette grumbled and Louisa jumped up from the bed with a victorious yes.

  No one ever wins with her.

  Claudette sprayed my hair a few times and when she was releasing the rolls she made the hair came out with waves at the tip.

  Remind me to ask her later on if she's a fashion designer.

  Jennifer appeared with the dangling silver earrings and a plain loop bracelet by our side.

  After she was done with the hair, she used a few clips to hold some parts up and cover the scar I will not be so pleased to display.

  I was handed the earrings and bracelet to put on and after I was done Jennifer handed me a mirror.

" You go quick and bring me a suitor tonight " She joked as I collected the hand mirror.

What I saw amazed even myself. Claudette really knows what to do.

" What are you waiting for? Chop chop, don't keep Hunter waiting "

I'd prefer to.

+++++++++++++++++++++++

Hunter's P.O.V.
———————

" Yes dad, I'm taking Iris with me" How predictable.

  I was done dressing over ten minutes ago but Guillermo clearly stopped me from going to knock on the ladies door.

Something about manners.

  So I was waiting in the living room with a glass of wine in hand.

  I stood in front of the wall mirror by the bar and had a look at my suit once more.

  A white suit with black on some edges, sewn with the finest materials.

  I can always trust Guillermo on this one.

" Oh really? I can see Miss Jules wisdom is beginning to rub off on you"

  I almost choked on my drink.

" Smooth move dad, smooth " And I heard him chuckle at the receivers end.

" What are you going to tell Mr Reid when you get there? It's not like you can just walk up and be like, sir i love your business and I will love to have shares in it"

  Now it was my turn to laugh. Trust Dad to make ideas seem foolish no matter how genuine they look.

" No dad. I would just suggest an idea on the proposal. Mr Reid is smart enough to know where I'm headed" I took another sip from my glass.

" That's true. Hey kid do me a favor and take some pics tonight. Send them to your mama will ya? She's been too busy lately and you can cheer her up before she leaves for Omaha on Sunday " I heard clicking sounds from the heel of a shoe coming from down the hallway.

  And I couldn't be more grateful that she was quicker than I expected.

" Sunday? That's tomorrow " I took another sip and emptied my glass with it.

" Yeah, she's got to go visit your sister in college. Just send her the photos okay? I'm sure  Lovelyn would love them too" He's just beating about the bush to tell me he wants to see me in a tuxedo also.

" Yeah, I'll try " I turned around to see who was coming towards here and the moment I did everything dad was saying on the phone fell on deaf ears.

  Iris was dressed in a white gown that ended mid thigh and had encrusts for the neck. It was sleeveless and showed much more skin than she would have on a normal day.

  The gown made her boobs prominent and her thighs thicker than when I last saw them.

  Her figure could not even be overlooked under that dress which she paired with really long earrings that practically touched her shoulders.

  Long earrings always had a way to make someone look hotter than usual and it was clearly doing its work on Iris too.

  Her hair framed her face and though I preferred the bun, this suited the occasion just perfectly.

" Hunter? Hunter are you there?" My dad's voice called me through the phone and it made me realize I was gawking.

Stupid, stupid Hunter.

" Sure.. Err.. Dad? I'll... Yeah we'll talk later" I ended the call and I couldn't even say much anymore to my dad as she walked up to me in slow and frustrating strides.

She's doing this on purpose!

" Shall we?" She asked chirpily because she knows that she just rendered me speechless.

  Rather, I am struggling over here to not wrap my arms around her.

Damn male hormones!!

" I'll be in the car" Was the last thing she said and I watched her ass walk out the doorway.

Not knowing better be damned.

Iris looks Amazing.