Good Night (King x reader)

(I know he's a hated character but I wanted to try somthing new)
___________________________________

You where different from most of the people in the kingdom. Your magic wasn't used to protect the king but instead it was used to help him. Your magic had a calming aura that could help calm whomever it was used on. Sometimes it even could put them to sleep if they where tired enough. But your magic was only for the spade king to help cool his temper, as much as you could anyways. The kings temper was very hard to cool and it only got worse as the days passed, sometimes making it to the point to where he would push it onto his son and other subjects. It hurt you to see his son broken down after meeting his fathers rage, so you would take him to his room to have a peaceful rest. Lancer would also call you "mom" or "mother" which you didn't mind considering you where the only mother figure he had and that you where the only person who seen his father more than anyone else here. But just because you seen the king more than the others doesn't mean you liked the time you spent with him. He was rude and stubborn. The more you tried to calm him or put him to sleep the harder it was. He would push your hands roughly away or call you mean names before he fell asleep making your job harder. But you weren't going to lie, you used to have feelings for the king. Not so much now but somewhere the love was still there. Right now you where with the young spade gently caressing his small forhead comfortly as his soft sobs turned into whimpers. The boy had just woke from a nightmare and came to you to help him fall asleep. "Mom?.." The boy said as he was slowly calming to slumber. "Yes lancer?" You say with your signing voice, only one a loving mother would have, complimenting your power more. "Can you...try to make dad sleep too?..I think that's why he's always mad." You slightly cringed on how he worded that, just "dad", as if you where married to the man. "Of course I can Lancer." but your words wasn't heard, he has fallen asleep. You sigh and get up. You deside to keep your promise and check up on the grumpy king but before you go, you gave the sweet prince a kiss on the forehead for good dreams. You make your way to the kings sleeping chambers. There was a big spade shaped door. You knock on the door, your answer was a low annoyed growl. Well at least you know he was up. "It's me your majesty" you say as you enter the room. He was sitting up in his bed, he look tired making an angry look. He looks over at you with the same look but less mad and more annoyed. "What do you have to bother me with today women?" He ask with a slight grumble in his tone due to his tiredness. You walk over to where his bed was. "Your son wanted me to check in on you and help you get a good rest." He shoulders slouch as he grumbles once again making you wonder if its his annoyece or his tired state causing it. "That boy....why does he call you "mother" anyways? Your nothing special to take that kind if place." Those words tugged on your heart but you try to ignore it trying to put the king to sleep. "I'm not sure why calls me that, but it makes him happy." You say as you try to put you hands onto him. He sees this and quickly pushes your hands away. "What are you doing?!"
"Your majesty we've been over this already. My powers won't work unless I'm touching the person its being used on."
You try again only for him to push you away again.
"Don't touch me."
"You need some rest."
"Leave me alone."
"I'm just trying to help you."
He stands up annoyed. "I don't want your help!"
"But you need it!" You yell back looking up at him. He doesn't answer back but gives you an annoyed look. But you weren't playing nice today either. You might end up getting yourself killed but you where also tired and had a promise to keep and finish. "Your majesty." You pat the bed. "Now." You say and He grumbled and shakes his head, acting a like a big child. That's all he was at the moment. A big child. You pat the spot again. You didnt need to say anything if he already knew what to do. He slowly gives up and sits down, slumping down into the big mattress besides you. You place your hand onto the kings forhead and the other on his arm. He seem to calm more as soon as your hands where against him. Good thing he was tired he was falling asleep quickly. But this time instead of insulting you he was mostly quite. But before he completely fell asleep you heard some words you thought you would never hear come from his mouth. "Your lucky...I care..about you.." "I care about you too.." You say before giving him a kiss on the forehead for a good nights sleep.

_____________________________________
(Wow. I hope that wasn't to long. I was trying to make a hated character loved without changing the character to much and having a good story. Anyways hope you guys like it.)